Chapter 71

"So um... I guess we didn't really think this through," Hunter chuckled. He was stood in the bathroom and Jacob was still sitting in the bath. However, his clothes were wet and he had nothing to change into. There were no towels here because all of their belongings were lost in the fire. "Let me see if there is anything in the other bathrooms." Hunter had allowed himself to air-dry as he pulled his t-shirt over his head. Chuckling on his way out, he shut the door behind him.

Jacob turned, not wanting to risk someone walking in on him and stared hard at the lock on the door. He knew he possessed telekinesis but he still wasn't really sure how to use it.

Lifting a hand out of the warm water, he did the stereotypical pointing at nothing, hoping it would move. He felt silly doing it but if he wasn't a God who could teleport, summon storms and control electricity, then he would stop trying.

His mind relaxed and he imagined a force shooting from his palms, flowing over to the lock. It would latch on like it was part of him and twist it when he twists his palm.

Jacob took a breath, turned his hand and jumped when the noise of the door locking echoed in the bathroom. He managed to use his telekinesis for the first time without any problems.

Raising his eyebrows, he stared at it until an idea popped into his head. To get clothes, he could teleport to his bedroom at home and get changed.

Jacob climbed out of the bath with a little smile on his face before disappearing, leaving the bathroom closed from the inside.

Hunter entered the bedroom empty handed but stopped after reading Jacob's thoughts.

"Oh, that's clever. I'm glad you're finding uses for your powers now." He thought and tried to get into the bathroom but it was locked. "Well... mostly."

Jacob quickly got changed, teleported back to the bathroom and unlocked it from the inside. He opened it to reveal Hunter with his arms crossed, standing patiently.

His eyes examined Jacob. He had a long-sleeved grey top on that clung to his muscles.

"You're hot." He grinned with his dazzling smile, not caring that Jacob's cheeks flared up. "I wish you could see yourself how I see you." Turning, he looked around the room, pulled off his t-shirt and effortlessly changed into his wolf. "I'm claiming my territory. Wanna help?"

Hunter collapsed to the floor and started rolling around, embedding his scent into the wood. Jacob watched him, finding it amusing before he changed too, only to find himself stuck in his top. He was in his puppy form.

"Hunter, can you help me?"

Hunter stopped and started pulling at the top with his teeth. When Jacob was free, he shook his head and allowed his cute ears to flop around.

"I've missed your pup form." Hunter gave him a big lick on his face before wandering over to the bed, wanting to roll around on the mattress.

* * * * *

Anthony sat on a huge leather couch, designed to seat seven people. Looking around the big modern room allowed his mind to feel fresh and relaxed for the first time today. He had been talking to Scott who was ready to tell his son's about the letter Grace left behind. They had to know, it's not fair for them to be left with unanswered questions.

Anthony offered him a place to stay in their wonderful new home and he almost released his constant heartbreak. Scott has never been so thankful to receive help, he is usually very independent and gets things done on his own. This time, the Rayson family have saved him from years of money troubles and sleepless nights.