Chapter 11

Hunter's eyes focused on Jacob, he wanted to hold his breath. It was the first time he was willingly revealing his true self to a human. But it was to his mate and he would reveal his darkest and deepest secrets if he had the opportunity.

He was also incredibly nervous. Hunter knew that once it sinks in for Jacob, he'll have a different perspective about him and maybe look at him in a negative way. He was a species that's not meant to exist.

Jacob stared back at him with eyes that clearly didn't believe what he just said. "You're..." he whispered. "What?"

Hunter noticed how he stopped fidgeting. He didn't know if that was good or extremely bad.

"I know it's not what you expected to hear. but I am- um, a werewolf." He felt insecure about saying it because he knew how surreal it sounded. It didn't help that Jacob was looking at him like he was utterly insane.

"I'm going home." He tried to stand but Hunter quickly leant forward and grabbed his wrist. Jacob was getting sick of being touched by him. He pulled his arm away and stared at the ground like he was about to fall into a neverending pit of anxiety. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"Jacob, I know you're thinking that I'm making this up to make fun of you, but I'm not. You hear my voice in your head, why wouldn't you believe that I'm not just a human?"

"Because you can't be," Jacob said quietly. "I think I'm hallucinating."

"You're not," Hunter wanted to chuckle, but it wasn't the right time. "I can show you if you think you can handle it?"

Poor Jacob was breaking to pieces. He shouldn't believe anything that came out of Hunter's mouth. How could he be the voice inside of his head and how could he be a human that changes into an animal?

But he could hear his thoughts, so why wouldn't his second statement be true?

"How?" he whispered. His hands started fidgeting once more.

"Stay seated," Hunter said but stood up himself. Jacob's eyes followed him and he avoided eye contact as much as possible. "It's okay if you freak out, it's okay if you faint, it's okay if you're sick. But it's not okay if you still don't believe me after I show you this."

Hunter smiled and took a deep breath. He made sure Jacob had understood what he said before he began thinking about his other form. He closed his eyes and imagined it. Turning into a wolf used to be a slow process for him when he was younger. He remembered the first time he did it.

It felt exceptionally strange and he freaked out quite a lot. He was only three years old and his parents were there to reassure him and answer any questions he had.

Now, he could do it as easy as breathing.

Jacob didn't know what he was doing until the change happened.

Sometimes, when people see things that shouldn't be logical, it was easy to forget everything around them, easy to forget who they were with and allow their minds to overheat. Obviously, Jacob was one of those people.

The change happened so fast that he would've missed it if his wide eyes allowed him to blink.

Hunter's t-shirt had ripped in the process but his trousers had disappeared. They'd reappear when he changes back. It avoids embarrassment otherwise.

He knew he had changed because he could feel that he was different. His mind and soul were the same. He couldn't speak, only growl and howl.

Jacob was watching Hunter one minute and now he was staring into the grey eyes of an enormous white wolf. It was bigger than anything he'd ever seen with big paws and lots of soft looking fur. Its ears were curled over as it stared back at him. Jacob didn't know whether to be amazed, scared for his life or tested for being crazy.