Chapter 1

~Your POV~

For years I've wanted to be an idol, it's all I've ever wanted to do. I've always thought I had what it takes but unfortunately that wasn't true. Fair enough I can sing and can write songs with true meanings easily, but one thing let me down, and it's not a minor thing. I can't dance. Never have been able, never will be able. I have two left feet, but come to think of it many idols started off with a lack of dance skills and look where they are now. I have a chance... maybe.

~16th February 2016~

I woke up to the sound of the alarm I'd set last night on my iPhone 6, and immediately pressed snooze. I was nearly falling back into my dreams of becoming a world wide sensation when my mum stormed in, a panicked expression playing on her face.

"(y/n) hurry up or you'll be late for school, I don't want you getting another detention for something as silly as staying in bed for too long so get up right now" my mother said loudly while opening the curtains that face my queen size bed.

I slowly rolled out of my bed while taking in my mothers words to then finally give her an answer  "okay, okay. Quit with your worrying. I won't be late and if I am, I'll just blame the traffic. See nothing to worry about."

"That's not the point, I just want the best for you (y/n), you need to take your life seriously. I didn't raise my daughter to too laid back to care. I raised my daughter to be a winner and that's what you'll be" my mother said in a quieter tone and her panicked expression from a moment ago had gone and was replaced by a very sincere look.

Little did she know my big plans to become an idol. Right now I don't want to tell her about my dream as she just wants me to focus on school and talk careers later.

I finally got ready into my school uniform and put my hair into a loose pony tail and headed off to school.

I wasn't very popular in school, in fact I only had one true friend, chan-mi. Even though we were best of friends, our personalities couldn't be more different. She was  fun loving, adventurous, a social butterfly. Meanwhile me, I was an introverted, quiet, couch potato. However our love of idols drove us together and now we both want the same thing. To be a world wide star.

" hey (y/n), have you listened to jungkook's new cover ?" My best friend gleamed with happiness waiting for my answer.

"Nothing like us? Of course i did, it was amazing" I replied with the same amount of happiness on my face.

"Do you think that he chose this song to show his love to a special someone?" she then asked. Why in the world would she think that ?

"Nope definitely not unless that person is either Jimin or Tae" I easily replied.

The school bell soon went after our first conversation of the day and we rushed to our separate classes. School was pretty much the same as always. Uneventful like every other day I've spent there.

As soon as I got home, I immediately got into my pyjamas and relaxed in my duvet scrolling through twitter to see if any idols had tweeted. As soon as I was about to retweet something, chan-mi asked if we could video call, we don't usual video call so I kinda got the impression that it was important so I accepted it to find her breathing heavily with a small amount of tears rolling down her cheeks. However she was smiling slightly so what's this about?

"Oh my goodness chan-mi are you ok? What's happened? Has somebody made you upset?" I asked, trying to figure out words from her mumbling.

" (y/n) you won't believe it! " she said eventually not answering any of the questions I asked.

"Believe what, what's happened i'm getting worried now please tell me" I said to her while she was still crying a little.

" BIGHIT ENTERTAINMENT ARE HOLDING AUDITIONS TO FIND THEIR NEXT FEMALE  IDOL" she practically screamed to me over the phone.

I was utterly gobsmacked, this is too good to be true, this is finally the chance I've been waiting for, but wait I would never have a chance with people like my beautiful best friend around. At least I may be able to cheer her on from the side lines.

My eyes were a lot bigger with my pupils dilated "oh my god, really? When ? You should totally do it chan-mi, you'll definitely get it" I relied.

Her expression went from extremely happy to extremely shocked "what do you mean I should totally do it? You're doing it too (y/n), you know that. I can't go without you" she said trying to remind me that this is both of our dream.

I instantly replied "I'll never have a chance, I'm not as pretty as the majority of girls that will be there but I'll cheer you on honest" a minor frown appearing on my face as I said it.

" (y/n) don't ever think that, you're doing this too, you'll never know what'll happen. You don't know they could accept two girls, we could be idols together. Don't think you're not good enough" she said trying to reassure me that I should do it too.

"When and where are the auditions anyway?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Saturday from 9:00 am till 10:00 pm and they're are 3 different locations Seoul, Busan and Sokcho."

Come to think of it, my home town, Incheon isn't very far from Seoul about an hours drive tops, but theres only 5 days to practise that's not enough time to think of a song to sing and a dance to try and perform.

"Come on I can't do it without you, we could dance together, if you wouldn't want to dance alone? Anything to make you say yes" chan-mi said in an upbeat tone to try and make me say yes.

Should I do this? I've got nothing to lose, I've got no reputation to maintain this could be the start of something.

"Promise to help me with the dance part chan-mi?" I say cautiously and nervously.

"Promise (y/n) we can do this,"

"... Then I'm in"