Family

"Robin, can you get her. I have to finish the boys lunches before the bus gets here." Regina shouted from the kitchen. She had left her daughter napping in the den so all her shuffling around wouldn't wake her.

"Already on the way," he answered. He knew she was busy, could hear her moving about in the kitchen. He was heading for his girl the second he heard the first cry. He was not fond of letting her just cry. Regina said she needed to learn to self sooth in some situations, but Robin didn't agree. Some might say he spoiled her. Well, that is exactly what his aim was. He intended to spoil his little princess rotten.

"Hello, my little Hope. What's the matter, my love?" He questioned in a hushed, higher pitched voice that was reserved only for her.

The tiny baby let out a whimper and reached her hands out upon seeing her papa leaning over her bassinet. She quieted down immediately upon seeing him. "You just wanted some company didn't you, my darling?" He slid a hand under her head then one under her bum to scoop her up, then moved her head to rest securely in the crook of his arm. She immediately turned her face into his chest and started to nuzzle. "Love, I don't think she wants me." He yelled towards the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" Regina yelled in a huff, she didn't have time for him to be vague. She glanced at her watch and rolled her eyes angrily. The bus would be there any minute. She stepped out of the kitchen to yell, "boys, get down here," up the stairs. They were going to be late if they didn't hustle. When she walked back into the kitchen Robin was standing in the spot she'd just vacated, putting the food she'd just prepared into the lunch bags. "I was going to finish," she scolded him, then hit his hand away. He was doing it wrong. If the sandwiches went in first they would get squished by the other items.

"I was just trying to help so you could take her." He stepped back and raised his free hand. She was always so particular about things, and not to mention testy when they were running a bit behind.

"I don't understand why you can't hold her until I'm finished." She was frustrated. They were running late and she hated being behind, more than anything. She stepped over to the freezer to pull out the ice packs to keep the boys food cool until it was ready to be eaten. She put that in first, followed by a water bottle, an apple, red of course, a small ziplock bag of carrots, then turkey and cheese sandwiches on top. She could hear Hope whimpering while she was moving around, Robin should be equipped to handle that on his own.

"Because, love, she is looking for something I do not possess." She was still rooting, searching for something only her mother could give her. She was whimpering a bit louder now, she must've been getting frustrated. Robin ran his hand over her tiny little head and hoisted her up a bit higher in his arms, to which she protested. "Just a moment, darling," he whispered into the top of her head before dotting kisses there.

"Alright, just a minute." Well why didn't he just say she was hungry. "Boys, downstairs, now!" They were pushing it. Pushing being late and missing the bus, and pushing it with her. They must have known that, because not a second later she heard two sets of feet bounding down the stairs. She zipped up their lunch bags and held one in each hand for them to grab the second they entered the kitchen.

Henry got there first and grabbed his bag out of his mother's hand. He kissed her on the cheek with a, "thanks, mom. Love you." Then he was running to the front door to grab his coat and scarf.

Roland was next. He grabbed his bag with a, "thank you, mama." Then he was running away. He skidded to a stop in the doorway and turned back towards them both. He ran up to Regina as she crouched down and bumped their noses together. Ever since she taught him that he would always greet her and leave her with them. It was their special thing, just the two of them. He threw out a wave and a quick, "bye, papa," then he was off.