Just About Time

"I wasn't aware you were looking for me. I was just coming to check on you, what's going on?" Snow was slightly confused as to why Emma was there but brushed the thought away when she noticed the way Regina was tightly gripping her daughters hands.

"Mom, thank God. She's in labor." Emma said over Regina's groan from her newest contraction.

Snow rushed over to them and rubbed Regina's arm to draw her attention.

"Oh, dear. Alright. How long?" Snow asked glancing at Emma before stepping in front of Regina.

"At least an hour, if not more." Emma said as she adjusted her footing to keep them both from falling over when Regina suddenly shifted.

"Okay, honey, breathe." Snow said crouching down into Regina's site line. She placed a hand on the side of her face and started taking deep breaths for Regina to mimic. "Water broken?"

There was a pause, then Emma realized her mother was directing the question at her not Regina.

"Oh, uh. Not that I know of. Regina?" Emma said into her friends ear as she moved her head beside Regina's.

Regina shook her head violently as she whined from her contraction.

"Hey. Look at me, look right here." Snow encouraged as she tilted Regina's chin up so they were eye to eye. "Okay, we are going to breath through this. Deep in and deep out." Snow said as she took very exaggerated breaths.

Regina began to follow, though she really just wanted to moan and hold her breath. She knew if she didn't comply Snow would just annoy her until she did, and she was in no mood for that.

"Good, honey, good. Just keep it going. I know it doesn't feel like it's helping but I promise you it is." Snow said with a sympathetic smile and a rub of her hand on the side of Regina's stomach.

Now that Regina had calmed down a bit as the contraction subsided Snow shifted her attention from her stepmother to her daughter. "What are you doing here, where's Robin or Zelena?"

"I was here playing video games with Henry and when I came up to see how she was doing I found her in the middle of a contraction." She had to pause and groan when Regina tightened her grip on her hands. "Robin's out in the woods with his phone turned off and Henry went to try to find Zelena. I couldn't leave her alone."

Emma was huffing out her words in frustration. Frustration at this situation that she had found herself in, frustration from the pain her hands were in because of Regina's crushing grip, and frustration at her mother for drilling her when she should've been helping her.

Snow had been getting better at reading her daughter, and right now she could tell she was annoyed by all the questions and really did not want to be anywhere near this situation. She didn't blame her, seeing people in pain isn't easy. Especially seeing Regina in pain. Regina was always the strong one, she never let anything she was feeling show on the surface. Her scrunched up face, rigid body and small whimpers we're so out of character, and frankly a little disturbing to even Snow.

She figured the two of them had been yelling at each other for at least half of the time they had been together, which was not good for Regina. So she decided to give her a way out. "Well, if Henry's out for Zelena why don't you go see if you can find Robin and bring him here, I'll stay with Regina."

Snow pried Regina's fingers from Emma's hands and took them in her own. Regina instinctively shifted forward and rested her forehead on her stepdaughters shoulder.

Emma mouthed a thank you to her mother and left to attempt to find Robin. If it came down to it she would have delivered Regina's baby, but if she didn't have to she was taking the out, gladly.