A Little Alone Time

Regina woke up alone in bed. She could hear someone moving around down stairs so she started calling Robin's name. A few moments later Henry came into the room with a tray of her breakfast like Robin usually did.

"Henry, where's Robin?" Regina questioned slightly confused, but not at all upset to see her son instead of her husband.

To be perfectly honest she was happy it wasn't Robin. She loved that man, but damn did he know how to get on her last nerve with his constant questions of "are you comfortable" or "can I get you anything". He was driving her mad.

"Roland wanted to go to the woods so Robin took him. He said they were going to go hunting with the merry men later too. I told him I would take care of you today, so I made you breakfast." Henry said as he came to sit beside his mother on the bed then placed the tray of food next to her.

"Thank you, Henry, you didn't have to do all this." Regina said as she pulled the tray closer and started to eat the eggs from the plate, which made Henry smile because she was saying he shouldn't have made them while in fact eating them.

"I know, mom, but I wanted to. Plus this way we get to have some alone time together before the baby comes. I'm sure we won't get much after." Henry said with a smile then moved to lean back against the headboard next to Regina.

"Aw, Henry," Regina said as the threw an arm over his shoulders and pulled him in for a hug. "It's true, I will be very busy once the baby comes but I will always make time for us. I promise." She then pulled him in just a little tighter.

She felt badly that she hadn't been spending much time with him lately. It was difficult with her being confined to the mattress they were both currently sitting on. Henry was always busy with school and friends, she didn't want to force him to lay in bed with her. She didn't want to bore him, she wanted him to go out and do the things he wanted. She's glad that he chose to spend his morning with her now.

"I know mom, I'm not worried." He said with a shrug. "So how is my little sister this morning?" Henry asked as he rubbed Regina's belly.

"Kicking like crazy," Regina moaned, shifting a little because of a kick to her ribs. "Probably because she can hear her big brothers voice." She finished with a wink.

Henry leaned down closer to her stomach and began to talk, "Hey little sis, it's your big brother. You better stop kicking mom and come on out so we can meet you." He said with a smirk at the way his mom moaned her agreement. "I can't wait to hold you and show you my storybook, it's all about our family. It's a little complicated, but don't worry I'll explain everything once you get here." He then leaned in a little closer and began to whisper, "You are gonna love mom, she's the best! She might be a little scary sometimes but she will always love you no matter what!"

Henry sat when he finished talking to his sister and looked up to his mom who had tears running down her cheeks. "Mom, what's wrong?" He asked, worried he did something to upset her, or that she was in pain.

"Nothing, these are happy tears!" She said with a sob. "I am so happy that you are okay with all of this, with me marrying Robin, having Roland as your little brother, with this new baby." Regina said as she nonchalantly rubbed her stomach.

She was so relieved with Henry's acceptance of their new life. She had asked him before she even approached Robin about moving in, about them becoming a family. Henry was ecstatic. She was surprised by his complete willingness to have two more people living with them. She could tell he really liked Robin, he looked up to him. She was glad he finally had a man of honor to look up to, to be his father figure. He had taken to Roland just as easily. The two of them had become quickly inseparable. Roland was like Henry's little shadow, he did everything that Henry did. She loved the way Henry always looked so proud when Roland would mimic him during a task. They really were a perfect little family, they all fit together like a puzzle.