Family Vacation

Regina, Robin, Roland, and Henry were all at the beach on what would probably be there last vacation for a long while. They started the trip fully intent on enjoying themselves and relaxing as much as possible.

A very pregnant and exhausted Regina sighed as she rubbed her very much exposed belly. Her choice to wear a bikini, which should be considered very brave in her current stage of pregnancy, was one she was happy for with the temperature of the air on the beach. She waddled her way under the umbrella Robin had set up and tried to sit in the very low to the ground lawn chair. She cursed the beach. Why did all the chairs have to have short little legs? Every single damn one of them.

Robin saw her struggling and chuckled to himself before going over to assist. "You need some help, milady?" He questioned with a cheeky grin spreading over his face.

Regina, not wanting to give in, tried one last time to no avail. She let out a grunt when she realized she had no choice, if she actually wanted to sit in the chair without falling into it. It felt silly that the falling option was slightly appealing if it meant she could do it herself. When she looked up at him he still had a stupid smile on his face. She didn't want to answer but, “yes, I need help.” Taking his hands she added, “and you don't need to look so smug about it."

Robin slowly lowered her into the chair and helped her put her feet up so she could lay back comfortably. "I am not smug." There was a smile on his face, yes, but not a smug one. Apparently she thought differently, so, he tried to steal his expression into something that she would consider less smug.

"Yes, you are. You enjoy seeing me struggle." She said as she rolled her eyes then turned her head away from him. She was frustrated with him and wanted to make absolutely sure he knew it.

"No, it's not the struggling," he said with a laugh as he knelt down to rub her bare belly. "I love watching you carry our child. You’re glowing, you are."

And she had to scoff at him because her pregnancy glow was definitely just sweat from the heat. It was scalding out and she didn't feel comfortable going for a dip in the ocean or pool with all the bacteria floating around in the water. It would have been fantastic to cool off in one of them, but it just didn't feel safe for the baby.

"I know what you're thinking, and I don't mean from sweat." He said raising an eyebrow at her. "What your body is doing is amazing. I am so grateful to you for carrying our baby, you’ve no idea how grateful. You’re giving me a child, a little girl, our little girl.” He takes one of her hands to bring it to his lips. “I didn't think I could possibly love you more, until I found out you were pregnant." He said as he cupped her face and looked lovingly into her eyes. When the baby kicked his gaze shifted to stare down at her stomach, then he gently started rubbing circles around it and placing soft kisses where the kicks were located.

He still had that stupid grin on his face, but it didn't bother her so much now. She could feel the love radiating from him as he smiled down at her belly. The way he was gently rubbing the bottom of her stomach and placing light kisses on it was another clue. All she could think now while he was leaning in close to talk to her stomach, was how did she get so lucky to find a man that loved her and their children so much. It was still so hard to fathom. After all of the shit in her life, all the struggle, she finally had her happy ending.

She placed her hand on the back of his head and twirled the hair at his nape between her fingers which urged him to turn his head towards her and their eyes locked. He leaned towards her and placed a quick kiss to her lips.

When he pulled away to stand she grabbed his arm to pull him back in closer. With the way she yanked him towards her he ended up straddling her legs so he wouldn't fall completely on top of her. Her bump was slightly getting in the way but neither one of them cared, it was a welcomed obstacle. His hands moved to thread through her hair so he could change the angle of the kiss to take more of her. Her's were on his muscular back so she could pull him more on top of her. Their tongues were exploring each others mouths and tangling together. They were both fully lost in one another, that is, until Robin felt the baby kick through Regina's stomach and into his own. Robin suddenly pulled back when he was made aware of what they were doing. As he stood to his feet he looked around and realized people were staring at them as they walked past.