Chapter 10

"How much longer until she can be released?" a raspy low voice spoke out. "Another week or so. Her condition is getting better, so that's good." the doctor said from across the room.
"Good cause I need to be able to shower comfortably without 8 different nurses assisting me." I spoke out as I sat up on the hospital bed as much as I could. A weak smile plastered upon my pale and sunken in face.
"You're awake!" Dave ran at me and threw his arms around my weak figure. I put my arms around him and made sure to not hit him in the head with my arm cast and held on as tight as I could, taking in his smell. Old lady and cheap cologne, yum. He was wearing knee length black basketball shorts that had the appearance of not being washed in days, and a yellow t-shirt that had multiple stains on it. His shoulder length, thick brown hair was greasy at the roots and dead on the ends. I took a lock of it and twirled it in my not broken hand, and kissed him on the lips as hard as I could. " I've missed you more than anything. " I spoke softly into his shoulder.
"I've missed you more than anything too. I'm sorry about these past months, I promise when you come home i'll make it up to you." I could feel his heart beating at a rapid rate, whether it be because he was nervous about it he had said the wrong thing to me, or if it was because he hadn't seen me in days. There was no place i'd rather be right now than in his arms. Home.

"What were you thinking?" he asked.
"I was thinking about nothing." I said and smiled.
But in reality.
I was thinking about how fast time flies and how life moves rapidly. I was thinking about the future and how my decisions would affect my own story soon. Sometimes I tried to imagine how I wanted things to happen. It's like I'm writing a script for a movie. It's as if I am giving roles to a lot of people that I wanted to stay in my endless book. I was thinking about my dream love story. I love to read, and sometimes I wish I can make those things happen in reality. I was thinking about random scenarios with different people. I was thinking about the last song I've heard—the last food I ate. I was thinking about the last thing that made me laugh—the last person that made me smile. I was thinking about myself—and other people. And I was actually thinking about you.

Dave's eyes glistened and he glanced at me before opening his mouth to speak. "I will get mad." he said while looking directly at my eyes. "Sometimes I will run out of words and be silent for a minute or two. I will get cold when there's something wrong with my day. I will get tired and feel lousy because of the stress that surrounds me. You see, sometimes I will be a storm to your sunny life. A disturbing wave to your calm tides." he paused and slowly grabbed my hands. He placed them in his chest and continued, "But you will always have the courage, for you can turn me into something I thought I could never be—in the nicest way possible. Because you can soften everything that hardens my heart. You can break all the walls I've built around me. You can always make me happy and I promise that I will do my best to do more than just the same to you." my heart broke into a trillion different pieces. Every bone in my body twisted and caught on fire, it felt as if my throat had closed up and I had not been able to speak. My eyes were burning and my nose was tingling.
"I love you more than anything." was the only thing that was able to make its way out of my chapped mouth.
"Please come home soon. We miss you." he kissed me once more, and the nurses and doctors started coming in with my medicine and to talk to me about unimportant bullshit. Dave kissed my free hand before he got up and exited the hospital room. Leaving me alone and cold, fragile and weak, exposed and raw, with the nurses and doctors as they examined my every movement and pricked me with needles and shoved pills down my throat as I cried inside begging for you to come back in and stop them from frying my brain.