Denied

I knew that he had my children, He needed proof. Some way to still get to me....I never expected him to do this though.... 

"You need to talk to me," Maxon said, noticing that I was awake.

"I can, but I have the right to deny," I replied, I didn't want him to get hurt, but these are my children. Their both family...So who do I choose?

"America! Why would you tell me anything?!" Maxon yelled at me. I never expected him to yell at me like that, especially in the middle of a rebel attack... Which made me started.

"It protects my family and my children. I know my children are safe..." I said, not giving out any specific answers.

"Keep your secrets! Just know, if my children are hurt, it's your fault..." He growled.

I know I should have defended myself saying "They're my children too!" Or something, but I didn't want to start a fight in front of all the guards and staff. They knew about the children. So who else told? Maybe it wasn't just Kriss. She had been punished for no reason.....

Now that I started to think about it, the entire palace knows about my children. Whose to say they didn't run their mouth's?

"It's safe to go out now, watch your step, there may be broken glass..." A guard said. I tried to get Maxon's attention, but he would not respond. He wouldn't even look at me..

"Maxon! Look at me! I'll tell you where my children are, just promise me you won't do a punishment. I know he meant well...."

"Are you talking about Aspen....I told him to stay the hell away from you...."

"No! It's not Aspen, and what did you say to him?!" I yelled at him. I guess that was the reason why I never said Aspen anymore....

"I told him to back off...."

"Of me? Don't I get a say who I see and don't see?"

"America...Where are the children?"

"They're with Kota....He was mad at me before he left, and needed proof that they exist. So he stole them, which is why the maid thought he looked like you. He had some reddish hair...but darker..." I explained.

"He wouldn't....Harm them. Right?" 

"Never, Kota's not like that."

Sorry that it's so short....I'm not sure what to write about.....Ideas?