"Miss what?" Lauren furrowed her eyebrows.

"Us. The band. The singing."

"I, umm... yeah, I guess," Lauren fumbled to find words. "Reagan, come a little closer, baby."

Dinah sighed as Lauren tried to drop the question, but being her persistent self she continued, "I miss it. A lot actually. Like it was cool to get to go to school and get a degree in teaching, but I miss the stage life too. Or when we all used to record in the studio and make weird noises just to make the others crack up because we couldn't see each other in our different sections."

Lauren laughed at the memory and picked up a handful of wet sand, shaking it through her fingers before repeating the action. "The producers would get so mad because we had the attention span of goldfish. Remember Elizabeth's face? I swore we were the reason she quit before our next album."

Dinah laughed now, her head falling back as she reminisced.

"The end of the show was my favourite, though. You know, that moment when the five of us stood at the end of the stage and looked out at what we made? The fans were just so beautiful from that angle and I can remember feeling overwhelmed with happiness."

"Don't start crying on me, Jauregui," Dinah warned, gently pushing her friend who smirked at her.

"We had some pretty awesome times back then," Lauren said, smiling at her thoughts before her drenched child came running over.

"I swam with the fishes but now I'm cold," Reagan said, shaking slightly when the evening wind hit her.

"Alright my little tiger, let's get inside," Lauren stood up and took the towel in her arms, wrapping it around Reagan's little body before hoisting her up. "Dinah clean the sand off my butt. I will not be the reason for Ally's tirade."

Dinah complied and began swatting her friend's butt, doing the same to her own as they approached the stairs back to the house.

"Can we eat pizza now?" Reagan asked shivering fiercely in Lauren's arms. The mother furrowed her eyebrows but composed herself quickly.

"Ally will call for it while we get you warmed up," Lauren promised, kissing Reagan's salty cheek when they walked through the back door.

"HEY MIDGET, CALL THE PIZZA PLACE!" Dinah bellowed, laughing when Lauren gave her a disapproving look.

"Why doesn't DJ have to use an inside voice, mommy?"

"Do you see how terrible of an example you are to her?" Lauren asked the Polynesian, shaking her head as she carried Reagan upstairs.

"I'm cold," The little girl said, forgetting her last question.

"Does your chest hurt?" Lauren asked, bumping the bathroom door open with her hip and placing Reagan beside the tub. She turned the tap for hot water on and adjusted it to be warm enough for her daughter to handle.

"No," Reagan answered, covering her mouth with the towel.

"Good. Let's get you out of that bikini," Lauren unwrapped the towel and quickly pulled the wet two piece off of Reagan's small body before putting her into the tub. "Next time we go swimming when there is no wind."

~.~.~

"I'm going to go charge my phone. I'll be back real quick," Camila said, kissing Eric's cheek before she pushed herself off of the couch and ventured towards the stairs.

She scrolled through her phone as she went up the stairs, still hearing the talking of her friends in the living room.

As she went through the hallway their voices began to drown out but soon a new sound came to her ears.