Chapter thirteen

"Your fighting is coming along, and you are getting very strong," I meow proudly to the group of kits and queen apprentices sitting in front of me. "The battle will be in four moons. I want you to train as hard as possible. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you," I continue. My kits, now Fallingpaw, Frostedpaw, Silverpaw, Lacepaw, and Glowingpaw, were learning very quickly. Moonshadow, formerly Moonpaw, was expecting kits, and was helping Fallingpaw to fight. No more kits! We have to many kits! At this rate, the clan will be bigger than StarClan. Plus, if a she-cat is expecting, or has newborns, the kits could potentially die, and the queen. I shudder at the thought.
"Please don't start to expect! I couldn't handle it if one of you lost your kits because of me. In four moons, we will battle. Remember, don't let any of this get to the toms. Any!" I meow. Please let our secret be safe!
"We won't, mother," Lacepaw meowed. The others nodded, even Sedgekit and Violetkit.
"Alright keep practicing. This time you will fight an adult. Rosegold, Birchfeather, Waterstone, Petalfall, Chestnutleaf, Mintflower, Cherryblossom, Snowdrop, Nightshade, Cloverleaf, Branchclimber, and Doestep, pick a kit or apprentice and battle train with them," I meow.
   "Are they ready?" Cloverleaf asks, her voice high with worry. I look at the younger she-cats and toms.
   "Are you ready?" I meow.
   "Yes!" They reply in unison, racing at the older queens. I smile, everything was going according to plan.