Damn I've Gone Soft

(Rue's pov)

It's official.

Sonata Albon is a part of our group.

She fits so perfectly. Like another puzzle piece that's meant to be there. I never expected it to be like this. I never expected her to matter. Our group hasn't smiled this much in so long. Alex hasn't been this happy since Lexi, neither have I. Damn maybe I've gone soft or something. Me and the boys all have. That's the affect she has on us. Around her we all soften, we're not musicians or bad boys we're just....us... I love that.

We haven't cared this much in a while. Our group hasn't had a new member since Mark and that was in middle school. We were always together, no matter who moved or who got suspended we were always by each other's side. We've all had such crappy lives, it was easy to forget about all that and be with them. We were all broken. All of us had skeletons in our closest, bad ones. And I honestly think all of us have some type of mental problem. Not in a super bad way, nothing serious, but if you had the lives we had you'd be the same way to.

Mark was a foster kid. That come with a hole set of problems on it's own. When we met in middle school he had just moved here because of his new foster family. Mark had a pretty normal life, he had a family. But they all died when he was six. Apparently he was the only one who survived a burning building. The Mark we met in middle school was like a zombie, he didn't talk he just, was there. His eyes were dead and cold and I got a bad vibe just by looking at him.

Alex saw something different in him though. He saw what he saw in the twins. Someone who was just delt a terrible hand when it came to life. Alex always saw that in people, he always saw threw someone reading all there cards. He was like this before Lexi's death, he saw the anger I held and helped me release it threw music. But his intuition sky rocketed after what she did. He was so angry at himself for not seeing the signs, so upset he didn't notice how sad she was, just how bad the bullying had gotten. He was only 14 and was taking care of her by himself. They were practically parentless, there dad was never home like mine, which explains why I was usually always at their house hanging out. When their dad was home, he was also like mine an abusive jackass. Alex was always protecting Lexi from him, though there dad was rich, he never gave them anything.

Alex loves having something to save. Someone to rescue from themselves. Mark was a cutter, and the twins both didn't eat, at all. He saved all three of them. And now he was about to save Sonata, he could tell she was hiding something too, though she didn't show it, she wasn't violent or harming herself. She couldn't hurt a fly.

But something about her is broken, Alex is determined to figure out what it is. But it seems Sonata is saving us more than we are her, since us meeting she has lightened up our day. She is so innocent and barely knows anything about the world. Seeing her reaction to ice cream was hilarious! I mean she didn't even know it was cold!

After Sonata and I's bickering, I noticed she had moved next to me. Usually she is to the far right, next to Mark and Alex. But sometime while we were fight she ended to my direct left, at my side acting completely casual. I played it cool but I couldn't help but steal a few glances at her while we walked. The way her freckles looked like a starie galaxy plastered on her pale skin. The way her green eyes seemed to chance color instantly when she smiled or laughed, it became more of a mint green, still green but a hint of a blue undertone.

She was beautiful, but we already established this. Seriously though how was she still single? I mean just look at her! And on top of that she's not snobby or stuck up, she's an actual person who eats unlike most girls. She has beauty, brains, and personality, she's perfect. Wait why am I thinking about this? Dammit Rue stop.