He's Gonna Get Me

(Sonata's pov)

My heart pounding in my chest. I knew exactly what up was dealing with, I understood what type of man I was dealing with. I was dealing with a man like my father, a man who hurt people he was supposed to love. A man who lied and put on a facade of love in front if others. And she'd his skin and beat you when you were alone.

Thinking back I don't know why I agreed to have a conversation with Rue's father. It's just as soon as I laid eyes on Rue's mother limp in his arms something clicked. It wasn't hard pretending since I was used to putting on a fake facade of happiness in the many years of attending galleys and press conferences with my father. I'd put on a smile and speak highly of his as if he was the best man I adored. I could remember the perverted coworkers, clients, and bosses of my father, that I had to pretend not to notice while quietly avoiding them. I knew how to act. It disgusted me that my father had turned me into someone like him. A liar. I was just as good as an actor, maybe better.

I had Rue's father believing I was a spiteful dumb bimboo who was ignoring how he treated his wife. He seemed very pleased with my ignorance. Walking into his office my eyes immediately land on the red wood desk. It was perfectly polished. His nametag comfortably placed on the surface, gold plated. My eyes then made it's way to the the chair behind it. My stomach squeezed and the room for smaller. The office chair was a dark shade of maroon stained leather. Rue's father made he's way to the chair. He sat and looked so pleased. It was like he had been placed on a throne. He was obviously very fond of his desk and chair. Arrogance was oozing from his aura.

He smirked, eyeing my body for what had to be the millionth time since we met three minutes ago. I shifted uncomfortably in my place. All the confidence I previously had seemed to disappear. Rue's father leaned forward in his seat. A slight squeaking sound coming from the leather. I mentally cringe. That sound, that color, his arrogance. All reminded me of him. That chair was the same color of that horrid couch, that smell bounced in my head like chaos. I resisted a flashback.

"What did you want to speak to me about?" I questioned, my voice coming out more shaky then I attended. He only smirk. The uneasiness churned in my stomach once more. My throat seemed parched all of a sudden.

"Oh I just wanted to meet the daughter of a well known business man and personal friend." He said with a tone I didn't quite recognise. The way he spoke reminded me of my father in many ways. The way he over pronounced all his words to make them sound longer. They way he tapped his finger on the desk. I could feel a panic attack rising in my stomach. I kept calm. Rue is here. I told myself. Rue is here you'll be fine.

"You and him must be great friends. What do you do?" I asked knowing get to him to talk about himself was the best choice. I couldn't help but wonder why I was doing this in the first place. Why did I say yes? Why would I come into this room? For what? What would I prove by doing this?

"Oh I own a company that produces top of the line instruments. 'Thornahey' have you heard of it?" He asks with a confident look in his eyes saying he knew I already did. My eyes widened in shocked Thornahey instrument company was on elf the most work renown producers on the country. No wonder why Rue was filthy rich. All the instruments were by Thornahey these days. Not having one at our school was like have the generic brand of cereal. Hell my violin was a Thornahey brand.

I suddenly had I new found hatred for that violin.

"Wow. Your a very successful man. I have a feeling you wanted to talk about something more." I cooed. He nodded proudly. He rose from his seat. I got a clearer look at his chair again and felt more queasy. He made his was over to my stopping only a few feet away. My heart leaping, I mustered the courage to stand my ground.

"Yes. I do need to talk to you. Your father wants you to go home. Now."
He stated bluntly with no hint of any emotion on his face. I stared at him wide eyed, trying to mentally fathom what he had indeed just said. He knew my father that well? Well enough to tell him what he was doing to me. I was instantly brought to tears. I was in front of someone who knew my past. Someone who didn't think it was wrong. Why did I come here? Why?

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked shakily. Trying in a futile attempt to wipe my tears. He let out a dark chuckle. I took a step back.

"You know what I'm talking about Sonata. Me and your father are quite close you'll come to find out. I know all about you." He sneered. I was shaking. My legs buckled from under me. I covered my mouth to muffle a sob. He just laughed. I shook my head not believing. It couldn't be. I was so tired. I was given another curveball. I couldn't handle anything else.

"Your such a stupid girl. Coming in here Luke you own the damn place. You have my son wrapped around your little finger. That won't last long. Your not going to tell him shit understand?" He commanded urgently. I felt relief hit me. Him and my father didn't know that I had told him yet. I quickly nodded my head. He smirked seeming pleased with my compliance.

"Your such a pretty little thing. It's a shame I can't take you right now. It's ok though. Your father says he'll share you once he's had his fill." He commented lightly. My whole world shook at his words. The tears stopped. Only fear remained. No sadness. No anger. Only fear. I shook my head vigorously. He laughed again. I shot up and bolted out of that room. I couldn't believe it. Then again, why was I surprised. He was gonna rape me and there was nothing I could do about it. He's to rich to run from. I had no proof of my abuse. And now I'd have to deal with that terrible man.

I didn't take time for goodbyes. I just bolted out the house running like i did last night knowing it'd make no difference. I sobbed as I ran. I wanted to scream. Hell I probably did, I couldn't hear anything over the ringing in my ears. I felt the ground disappear from under me. Or more so someone lifted me up. I thrashed around violently.

"Nota what the hell? Stop it's me." I heard someone scold. I didn't care. I kept crying. "No let me go you don't understand!" I screeched. "Understand what? What happened?" They said. I stopped figured but the tears kept coming.  "He's going to get me. You don't understand he's going to get me." I plead. The person is still holding my tightly. Shushing and cooing me trying to calm down.  I'm placed on something soft. I don't remember when but he must of made his way back to the house. How he did that whilst carrying me I don't know. I felt more people around me.

"What the hell happened Rue she crying!" I heard someone whisper yell. "I don't fucking know why don't you asks her?" The person snapped back sarcastically. I curled into a ball. There was a verbal fight going on but I wasn't listening anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut and rocked. I was trembling.

"Sonata please. What's wrong." I heard someone ask.

"He's gonna get me." I reply brokenly.