Entry 15: September 20, 2006

September 20, 2006 SUNNY

Julie met me at the door to the firm. She was smiling brightly at me as she pulled me into the office.

Perhaps I do not have to ask someone to be my friend for them to become one. I truly believe that I can trust Julie. She is truly a kind and considerate person.

She quickly took me into her office and began to apologize about Tommy's actions once again. She then told me about Tommy, hoping to garner some sympathy for him.

She told me that when Tommy first came to live with her and her family, Tommy had been very quiet. At first, he had been very cold to them and would not even talk to them. It did not take very long for their love to quickly change his demeanor. Then she told me about the letter.

In that letter, the one I had thrown away all those years ago, he had sent me an invitation to also be adopted by his new loving family. He had wanted me to be a daughter of the family he had come to love.

She told me that afterwards he had received word that I did not want to have further contact with him. He had felt very rejected and for days after that he had withdrawn into himself.

I was touched by her words and slightly ashamed at my past behavior.

Then again if it is true that he loved me....

Maybe not becoming his sister was the best idea.