xliv // the dance // xliv

finns pov

Millie and I held hands as we walked through the crowded school hallways on our way to the gym, where the dance was being held. I was a bit nervous cause it was my first school dance. But I was mainly excited that Millie and I would get to spend the evening together.

Millie looked very beautiful, like always. She was wearing a pink dress and a small pink hair ribbon.

When we walked into the gymnasium we were greeted by the sound of music, talking, and laughing.

"So, what do you want to do first? Dance or eat?" Millie questioned with a small grin on her face.

"Let's dance." I stated.

Millie put her arms around my neck and I put my hands on her hips. We were having an amazing time just swaying and listening to the music.

"Hey, over there is... uh nevermind."

"Wha? What were you gonna say?" I asked Millie, looking directly into her eyes. She sighed.

"Well, I was going to mention that Caleb and Sadie are over there. But then I noticed that they're just making out, so I decided not to." She replied with a giggle. I laughed as well and kept dancing.

As we danced, I thought of all the good times we've had together. Like our first kiss.

We sat there and stared into eachother's eyes. I was debating on wether or not I should make a move. Luckily for me, all of a sudden Millie just leaned in and pressed her lips against mine. I was shocked by her sudden actions, but I definitely was not going to pull away.

I smiled at the thought of it. We spent the rest of the evening dancing, talking, and stuffing our faces with junk food. It was about eleven o'clock when Millie said she was starting to get tired. I picked her up bridal style and carried her out of the school building. When we got to the parking lot, I put her down. She giggled.

"I had a lot of fun." She stated.

"Yeah, but I kind of have a headache. Too much sugar I guess." I replied.

All of a sudden, Millie leaned in and pecked my lips. I smirked.

"I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too."

****

OKAY I KNOW THIS BOOK SHOULDVE ENDED LIKE 10 CHAPTERS AGO BUT IM TRYNA GET IT TO 10K READS SO YEAH IT ONLY HAS A COUPLE MORE CHAPTERS THOUGH. REMEMBER TO VOTE AND THANKS FOR UR SUPPORT AND IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY GO READ MY OTHER BOOKS KTHXBYE