xxi // stay the night // xxi

finns pov

"Thanks for walking me home." Millie said as we stood on her front porch.

"No problem. I uh I wonder what time it is" I questioned while looking up at the purpleish sky.

"I'd say it's about fifteen past eight." Millie replied.

"Oh shit." I muttered. My mother gave me a black eye because I came home at six thirty. Only Heaven knows what she'd do to me if I got home at eight thirty.

"My mom is literally going to kill me." I said. Millie just giggled at my statement, not realizing that I was dead serious.

"It's not funny. She'll probably slit my throat or something." I retorted while rolling my eyes.

"Well, you could stay the night here. Maybe you're mom will have cooled off by morning."

I thought about Millie's suggestion for a moment. I doubt my mother would be less angry by the morning, but it would at least delay the inevitable one more day.

"Sure." I answered

Millie opened the door and welcomed me inside. Her house was nice. It was much bigger and cleaner than my home. The walls were a cream color and there was lots of natural light.

"Well, who do we have here?" said a middle aged woman with long black hair. I assumed it was Millie's mother.

"Mum, this is my friend Finn. He uh, wanted to know if he could spend the night with us?" Millie asked her mother.

"I suppose he can stay. But Finn, we don't have a guest room. So you'll have to sleep on the couch or the floor" Millie's mom told me.

"He can sleep on the floor in my room." Millie exclaimed as she grabbed my hand and dragged me to her room. I would've much rather slept on the couch, but I didn't want to make Millie unhappy.

We decided to watch a movie on television before going to sleep. The motion picture was about a young girl with special powers. Millie kind of looked like the actress in the film, only Millie looked older and had longer hair.

"So how'd you enjoy the movie?" Millie asked looking down at me. She was sitting in her bed and I was laying on a pillow in the floor.

"I enjoyed it. I especially liked the part where she stole frozen waffles from the grocery store." I replied with a small laugh.

It felt good to laugh and be carefree for awhile. It was a feeling I didn't feel very often. I was genuinly happy.

"It's getting a bit late. We should probably get to sleep" Millie suggested while looking at her clock. I nodded in agreement.

"Um Finn?"

"Yeah?" I replied.

"You don't have to sleep on the floor. I mean, you can sleep in my bed if you want to."

I could feel my cheeks heating up. I wasn't quite sure if Millie was suggesting that she sleep on the floor or if I was supposed to sleep with her in her bed. Before I could answer, Millie rolled over to the other side of her bed to make room for me. I hopped onto the bed and crawled under the covers. I tried to stay as close to the edge as possible, but Millie kept scooting closer to me.

"Well, goodnight." Millie said as she turned off the lamp.

"Yeah, night."

*have any of you watched 'house of cards'? i just started it and ohmygosh its amazing