Vylad: Compliments

Vylad x Gender Neutral Reader

The basics [(Y/N), (E/C), etc.] and:

(F/F) = Favourite Food

AAAAAH LOVEY-DOVEY STUFF IS HARD

;,;,;

How would you describe the past week of your life?

Hectic. Busy. Loud.

Sure, when you and your boyfriend, Vylad, decided to go visit his family, it seemed like a great idea. But when you have Garte on loud business calls constantly, Zianna blasting Beyoncé wherever she went (you do love Beyoncé, it just got too extreme), Zane glaring daggers into every everyone, and Garroth's habit of breaking down doors... you become overwhelmed. Not to mention, Zianna took everyone on a family trip so often that you and Vylad barely spent time together!

"Ugh." You faceplanted into the bed. "How did you live in that household for 18 years?!"

Vylad chuckled and sat next to you. "I learned meditation. It helped when things became too much."

"Well, my meditation is sleep." You rolled over onto your side. "You coming in bed with me?"

"Nah, I gotta do something. Sleep tight, (Y/N)." He kissed your nose.

And then you were out like a light. The glory of being in your own bed again.

You woke up later in the afternoon. The sun was starting to set, leaving an orange glow in the room. You took a deep breath and clasped your hands over your eyes. Someone's arms were wrapped around you. You looked over to see Vylad's sleepy face. Turning your body to face him, you squished his cheeks. He woke up almost immediately.

"Good evening, sleepy head," you hummed. "I thought you had to do something."

He moved in close until your noses were almost touching. "I gave up when I saw you asleep. You're cute, you know that right?"

"Oh? Am I cute? Then you must transcend cuteness."

"But you're a million times cuter than me."

You chuckled. "Alright, this is getting sappy." You rolled out of Vylad's arms and got out of bed. "I'm gonna make something to eat. What do you want?"

Vylad propped his head up with one hand. "Whatever you want. Hey, what about (F/F)?"

"Pff, sure. I'll act like you don't know any other food besides that." You started to walk to the door before Vylad called out.

"Wait, (Y/N)!" You looked at him. "You should keep your hair messy more. It makes you even more beautiful."

Your face heated. "Vylad, I swear." You picked at your hair in the mirror. "I can't let people see me unkempt."

"You're right. They'll find you too beautiful and try to take you away from me."

You spun around to face him. "Vylad!"

"(Y/N)!"

"Irene, you're gonna make me burn up with all these compliments." You slipped a clip into your hair. "What's going on?"

Vylad sat up. "Can't I admire you and how perfect you are?"

"I'm just saying, you're usually a lot more reserved." You pull out a sweater. "But it's not a bad thing." You pull the sweater over your head and walk to the kitchen.

You opened the fridge door and got out some eggs and milk. Just because it was late afternoon doesn't mean you can't eat breakfast. Vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and white bread.