Gene: The First Time

Gene x Female Reader

The basics [(Y/N), (H/C), etc.]

Retelling your high school romance.

-:-:-

The first time I saw you, you scared me. I was walking by and saw your friends in the park. You all were dressed like trouble.

Gene growled as he finished spray painting the SK symbol. Sasha and Zenix were bickering next to him.

"Hey! Could you two shut up? I can barely hear myself think!" he snapped. They stopped for a moment to stare at him.

"Fine!" replied Zenix. "Don't think we aren't done, Sasha!"

"Whatever." Sasha dropped to sit on the ground and the boys followed suit. Surprisingly, you didn't notice me watching you.

"What were you even arguing about in the first place?" Gene asked.

"She thinks that pineapple belongs on pizza!" Zenix yelled, pointing at Sasha. She crossed her arms.

"I'm right and you know it." They launched into another fight and Gene tuned them out. Looking out at the trees he saw a figure hiding behind one. A girl with (S/C) skin and (E/C) eyes.

The first time I saw you, you made me curious. It's not every day you find someone spying on you.

(Y/N) caught his gaze, but she didn't move. Neither did Gene. The two just stared at each other. as if they were in their own world. I thought about walking over and talking to you, but then-.

"Uh, hello! Earth to Gene!" Sasha snapped her fingers in front of Gene's face. "Are you even paying attention to us?"

His attention snapped back to his friends. (Y/N) looked away and pushed her glasses up her nose. "What?"

"I was asking you about Aphmau!" said Zenix. "What's going on? Did you get the picture back?" Gene shook his head. "Dang it! We had her!"

"We'll have to find another way," Gene replied. Sasha and Zenix went back to bantering. He looked back at where (Y/N) was hiding. She wasn't there. Sighing, Gene leant back to rest his head. 

+/+\+

The first time we spoke to each other was the next day.

I approached you at your locker. You hadn't seen me coming, so I leant in the frame of your locker. I jumped when you did. You towered over me in a dominating stance. I think I squeaked. You let out a small yelp when you heard my arm hit the metal.

"If it isn't Miss Smartypants from yesterday. Spied on anyone else lately?" Gene taunted. (Y/N) gave him a nervous smile.

"N-no, believe it or not, I don't spy on people. You were the first." You were very cheeky. I was a nervous mess around you, unlike anyone else I'm around. Even though you intimidated me, I was still trying to be my sassy, normal self.

"I'm honoured. For never stalking someone before, you were pretty good."

She whacked his arm. "I wasn't stalking you! I merely happened to be walking by and you were engaging in... questionable behaviour." You didn't do a good job of convincing me. Maybe you had become so sassy it was impossible for you to not sound sarcastic.

Gene rolled his eyes. "Sure, that's what happened. You still seemed to stay even after I saw you. Dumb move, I managed to remember your face because of it."

"I wanted to see how you would react! I wasn't planning anything!"

"I didn't say you were!" He chuckled. "What's your name, Smarty?"