Katelyn: Sunset

Katelyn x Female Reader

The basics [(Y/N), (E/C), etc.]

There's always something beautiful about hearing the person you love rambling about what they love.

:|:|:

The wind tore her hair back from her face, twisting as her (H/C) locks twirled and curled in every direction. The thick air hung around her, the taste of salt on her lips. Even if she couldn't see it, she knew it was the ocean.

(Y/N)'s shoes had been tossed to the side a few steps back so now she could feel when the water just touched her toes before sinking away. She took a step back on instinct.

Katelyn sat on a rock and watched her. She seemed to love the ocean, despite her aversion towards swimming. The deafening roar of the waves made (Y/N)'s voice lost when she called her, but when she turned in her direction he saw her lips form her name.

"What!?" She got up and walked towards her. When Katelyn reached (Y/N) she took her hand to let her know she was there. She jolted a little at the sudden touch. "Did you need something?"

Without a word she plopped onto the sand, pulling Katelyn with her. (Y/N) moved her arm around her shoulder and leaned into her. They sat there for a moment until (Y/N) decided to speak. "Shouldn't the sun be setting right now?"

"Yes, the sun is setting." She rested her head on top of (Y/N)'s. "Did you call me just to do this?"

"Maybe. I really only wanted you to enjoy the sunset, even if I can't." She stopped for a moment. "I've heard it's beautiful, at least Travis thinks so. He also said you should share it with someone close to you. You're the closest person here to me. A lot of people are very vague when they talk to me like they don't want to upset me because I'm blind..." (Y/N) sighed.  "I'm rambling, let's just be quiet and enjoy this."

Katelyn hugged (Y/N) and watched as the sun sank into the water, leaving behind streaks of pink, orange, and purple all fading and swirling into each other. She felt (Y/N) intertwine her hand and Katelyn's hand that wasn't around her shoulder.

They stayed like that until the last sliver of the sun sank into the water. At this point, it had turned much colder. (Y/N) squished herself closer to Katelyn.

"It's freezing out here," the blind girl whispered.

"Well, the sun finished setting, we can head in for the night." Katelyn started to get up before (Y/N) pulled her down again.

"I want you to describe the sunset to me. Then, when you're done, I'd like it if you would describe the stars..."

Katelyn took a deep breath and wrapped her arms around (Y/N). "I don't know if I'm any good at describing it, but I can try."

"It doesn't matter because I'll still get to hear your voice."

Katelyn 'tched.' "I think you've been hanging around Travis too much. Anyways, during the day the sky is a pale, cold colour called blue. But once the sun starts setting, it turns into soft, warm colours like pink and orange. They're much richer than the normal sky." She paused. "And then the sun changes from its yellow colour to a deep red, like fire."

"If it looks warm, why is it so cold?"

"Because there's less light."

"And light makes warmth?"

"Yeah."

"Then you must be the sun yourself, Katie!"

Katelyn chuckled. "Aw, shucks. You're lucky I love you so much, or I wouldn't let you call me Katie."

"Then it's a good thing I love you too." (Y/N) turned her head and kissed Katelyn on the cheek. Katelyn laughed.

"That's it?" She asked. (Y/N) pouted.

"Well, I can't very well see your face! If you want a kiss on the lips you gotta do it yourself!"

"Alright."

"Wait, wha-"(Y/N) was cut short by Katelyn's lips against hers. They held the kiss for what seemed like forever until Katelyn pulled away again.

"I didn't actually mean what I said, but I'm not complaining," (Y/N) mumbled.

"Good," Katelyn whispered. She leaned her forehead against the blind girl's. "Do you want to hear about the stars now?"

"Yeah."

"When the sun sets, it turns a very dark colour, almost black, like what you see." Katelyn sighed. "But there's a little light from our moon that puts a soft glow on everything. Unless the moon is missing in the sky." (Y/N) laughed, and Katelyn joined her. "But then, there's trillions of stars that litter the sky in little light dots. Some are bigger than others. And they kinda blink."

"Blink?"

"Mhm, twinkle. Some stars make patterns in the sky, called constellations. The most famous is the big dipper. And there's a little dipper too."

"Oh."

"Come on, let's go inside." Katelyn stood up and pulled (Y/N) with her. She paused to stare at her face for a moment, before (Y/N) pushed her.

Katelyn landed in the water with a splash. "You jerk!" She exclaimed once she surfaced. (Y/N) was giggling, when Katelyn pulled her in the water too. The blind girl yelped as she fell. "Now we're even."

The blind girl stood up. "Katelyn?" (Y/N) fumbled around, hands outstretched. Katelyn grabbed her hands and pulled them towards her.

"I'm right here." (Y/N) moved her hands up Katelyn's arms and close to her face. The blue-haired woman felt her face heat up when (Y/N) cupped her face with one hand. (Y/N) leaned in close...

And then slashed Katelyn with the other hand. Katelyn stepped back, sputtering, as (Y/N) laughed. "Come here!"

"No!" (Y/N) giggled as Katelyn trapped her in her arms. They kept laughing as Katelyn swung her around. "Let me go!"

"Not unless you make it up to me." The blue-haired woman spun the blind girl around to face each other. (Y/N) wrapped both arms around her neck and leaned in, actually kissing her this time. Katelyn moved her own arms to wrap them around the blind girl's waist.

There they stood, drenched in water and illuminated by the moon.

:|:|:

I can explain why this took so long.

First off, school is getting hectic. It seems like the professors are all assigning summarizes at the same time.

Second, I'm prepping for NaNoWriMo! I'm going to spend the next few months planning and outlining my first novel. With this, I'm building my own website, so that's something.

Lastly, I have other writing projects. This is just a side book to let me practice writing and get better. Now that I'm actually writing, I have less time on one project.

I'm not abandoning this book, though.

Reminder to vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you want to, and follow if you want to stalk me.

:|:|:

1163 words