Laurance: Protected

Laurance x Female Reader

The basics [(Y/N), (E/C), etc.]

^*^*^

The bleeding in her arm had slowed, but there was still an ache. A painful, agonising ache that left all her thoughts focused on it.

She pulled up her sleeve and, slowly, (Y/N) unwrapped the soaked red bandages wound tight around her arm. The sight of the bloody mess that was her arm didn't faze her. Blood had dried all over, some still oozed from the large stab wound that was still open. She discarded the bandages out the window into the lava below. (Y/N) dabbed at the blood with a worn cloth, making sure to not directly poke her insides. The sting of the disinfectant was nothing with her throbbing pain. After cleaning most of the blood, she grabbed a roll of bandages and wrapped it around her arm so much that (Y/N) could feel it squeezing down only adding to her pain.

The medic sighed and collapsed when she finished. Gene was such an imbecile. He was allowed to do anything to anyone as long as he didn't kill them. It was sickening. Of course, he would pick on her, she couldn't fight. She was a disgrace of a shadow knight. (Y/N) never had the heart to put harm on anyone, especially if she knew them.

But the big reason Gene picks on her? He knows about her alignment, her loyalties to the Lady Aphmau and her entourage. She's never met the Lady herself, but if she's on good's side, then (Y/N) will follow. Plus, Vlyad and Laurance are part of the entourage. And since she was a part of Laurance's side, she had to put all of her faith in the angel to save them from their darkness.

She started to get up. However, she used her bad arm to support her weight so she collapsed again. Silently cursing, (Y/N) switched to her other arm as she got up, successfully. Then, she put a(n) (F/C) bandana over the bottom half of her face. In the Nether, there was lots of fire, which meant lots of smoke. Breathing in smoke can cause problems with your organs, and that was not something (Y/N) wanted.

She was a simplistic girl and that could be seen clearly in her style of clothing and living. She wore a pair of long, loose, black pants and a(n) (F/C) long-sleeved shirt underneath a black leather vest. She didn't have any little accessories, it just took longer to get prepared in the morning. As for her living quarters, just a bed. She didn't carry memorabilia, that was all left behind when she died in O'Khasis. 

She left the room, not a sound following. (Y/N) twisted her way around the building, passing by few people. There wasn't many Shadow Knights left in the rebellion. Shad had gotten most of them. But Lady Aphmau had more allies on her side.

(Y/N) rounded a corner and slammed headfirst into someone. They both flew backwards onto the ground. She hissed in pain as her bad arm hit the ground again. (Y/N) cradled it with her other arm, squeezing down on it as if compressing the pain. 

"Did you get hurt again?"

She looked up and saw Laurance in front of her. (Y/N) shook her head, (H/C) hair whipping her in the face.

"Let me see your arm." He held out his hand. (Y/N) stared at it for a moment, then quickly shook her head.

"No, I'm fine, really. You don't have to worry. I just hit my hand against the ground too hard!"

Laurance's hand stayed there and she could see in his eyes that he didn't believe her. (Y/N) caved.

He rolled up her sleeve and saw the bandages on (Y/N)'s forearm. There was already a little patch of blood on it. "This doesn't look fine. Who hurt you?"

"Honestly, Laurance. It's just a small wound, there's hardly a need to worry-"

"(Y/N), I need you to tell me who hurt you. You've been stabbed through the arm, for Irene's sake! Of course, I'm going to worry about you! I worry about you every day! Please, don't keep secrets like this from me."

"You shouldn't be stressed out over me. I'm a medic, I can take care of wounds. Just because Gene hurts me doesn't mean-"

Laurance's grip tightened around her arm. "Gene hurt you?" When (Y/N) yelped a bit he quickly let go. "Sorry!"

"I didn't mean to say that."

"But did he hurt you?" She didn't respond. "He did." Laurance stood up. "I'm gonna tear his head off."

(Y/N) got up too. "No Laurance! Don't go putting yourself into harm's way! I don't want to see you get hurt too!"

He hesitated. "Then how am I supposed to protect you?"

She grabbed Laurance's shoulders, forcing him to look her in the eye. "By staying with me when I need you to."

"If I stay then you have to too. You can't leave me."

"Never in a million years." (Y/N) kissed Laurance's cheek. "But I might have to go out and collect supplies."

"Then I'll come and be your guard. I have to stay." He grabbed her hands.

"I'd like company. Maybe I can actually get some knowledge into that brain of yours while I babble about herbs."

"I think you've taught me most of what I know. The other stuff is how to sew clothes. Cadenza has a bit of an obsession." Laurance chuckled.

"Too bad you don't put it to good use, I'd like a new tunic."

"What colour would you like it in, my love?" He grinned.

She gave him an even bigger smile. "You already know."

^*^*^

"This plant only grows on soul sand, which is only located in the Nether..."

The pair was walking through the red terrain, side by side. (Y/N) had a basket filled with various red and black plants. Laurance was watching her smile and talk about what she was going to use the herbs for.

"Look, look!" She held up a bundle of her newest plants to his nose. "These ones have a very sweet scent! Like candy!"

"Not as sweet as you."

(Y/N) dropped the bundle in surprise. Laurance noticed her face was red, but it wasn't from the lighting.

"I thought you would've been used to my compliments by now," he said. She bent down to pick up her plants.

"It'll be a long time before I do, you're always spontaneous with them." Her eyes looked over to the side. "It's another plant, Laurance!" She quickly grabbed his arm and ran to it.

"Slow down! I'm gonna trip!" Laurance tried to keep up, but his efforts were in vain. He tripped on a ridge and sent the both of them tumbling down the hill onto the ground below. (Y/N) let go of her basket and all her plants became scattered.

They ended up with Laurance lying on his back and (Y/N) collapsed on top of him.

"My arm's bleeding again," came a muffled voice. (Y/N)'s face was smothered by Laurance's chest. He lifted them up into a sitting position.

"How much? Is it severe?"

She twisted her arm to look at all the sides of it. "I can feel it bleeding, but it's still not as much as before. So that's a plus."

"That's fortunate," he sighed. "I was worried that I messed everything up."

"I'm the one who messed up! I need to pick up all the herbs!" (Y/N) scrambled to her basket and the scattered plants. Laurance picked up the ones he could and placed them in the basket.

"Thanks," she said. (Y/N) stood up and Laurance followed. They stood there for a moment, just looking at each other.

"Can I kiss you?" The silence was broken. Her eyes widened and her face turned a deeper red.

"O-oh, um, y-" (Y/N) coughed. "Yes!" she managed to squeak out. "I-I mean sure!"

He laughed and then captured her lips into a kiss.

^*^*^

1330 words