Six - Realization

"Well um, I uh, I found out today that I'm um, I'm pregnant," Crystal paused and looked up to meet my eyes,"and I am 100% positive it's yours."

My smile suddenly faded, replaced with a look of shock. My lips were slightly parted and my eyes were wide.

"W-What?"

"Look, Justin, I'm sorry. I know with your career and-"

"No," I cut her off, standing up from the couch. "No. That can't be true. You're lying! You see things going good for me so you decide to call me to fuck it all up and get fame for yourself! I've been down this road before."

Crystal sighed and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, before reopening them. Her dark brown eyes looked directly into mine. "Justin," she said calmly, "I know you don't want to believe me, I understand. No one wants to get a girl pregnant that they don't even know, especially someone in your position. But I'm not another one of those random women that say they're pregnant with your child to get some kind of fame or money. Before you came here, I didn't even know you were you. I remember absolutely nothing that happened with you. I don't remember meeting you. I honestly expected you to be a 30 or 40 year old man. I'm not lying about this, Justin, as much as I wish I was. I don't want to be pregnant just as much as you don't want this child to be yours. Now please sit back down because you know I'm right."

I sighed in defeat, sitting back down. She was right. There was no way she was making this up saying she's pregnant with my child when she didn't even know it was me before I got here. It wouldn't make sense.

"So, you're sure it's mine? There's no possibility that it could be anyone else's?" I asked, my voice becoming shaky. I was hopeful that for some reason, something would click in her head and she'd suddenly remember that it's not mine, although that was highly unlikely. There was so much on the line. I had just turned my life around and I'm in a good place. I'm starting to regain respect from the media and something like this could potentially ruin that.

"Yes. My ex-boyfriend and I broke up two weeks before we hooked up, and I can't even remember the last time we had sex before that. You're the only possibility," Crystal answered. I could tell she was just a anxious and scared as I was about this situation.

I groaned, throwing my head back against the couch and shutting my eyes. I was trying to process all of this, to understand. It was hard to let the fact that I'll be a dad in a few months with a girl I didn't even know sink in. I didn't want to believe her, but something in me did. Crystal seemed nice, and she was absolutely stunning, no doubt about that. I'm just not sure if a relationship is what I really need right now, especially if it feels forced, like it would be with us if I just jumped into a relationship with her only because she's pregnant with my child. If I am going to start a relationship with her, I want it to come naturally. I grew up without my parents together and I always promised myself I would never do that to my kids.

I let out a long, drawn out sigh, keeping my eyes closed and my head back. A few minutes of complete silence aside from our breathing passed until I finally spoke. "What are we gonna do?"

"Well, that's your choice. Since we don't even know each other, it's your choice if you want to be in the baby's life or not. I'd completely understand if you didn't want to stay and we never saw each other again. You have a pretty hectic life and you don't exactly have time for a child, or the amount of news articles there'll be about it. It's your decision. I'll give you time to think about it, if you want," Crystal spoke softly. Her voice was soothing and it seemed to calm a lot of the stress I was currently experiencing.

"I don't need time to think about it. Whether I know you or not, I'm going to be in my child's life as much as humanly possible. I know it's going to be hard with my career and all, but I'll try my hardest to be the best parent I can possibly be." I declared without much thought. My mom raised me right. And she always taught me to never walk out on a girl that was carrying my child, if I liked her or not.