Chapter Six

"Happy Birthday dear" my mum smiles at me ignoring the large amount of sweat dripping down my body. "Thanks" I whispered as she handed me a small box. I opened it, quickly looking at my mothers eyes which were full of anticipation. "Wow! It's so beautiful" I croaked wiping my index finger against the small amethyst ring my mother bought for my birthday. "Thank you so much!" I laughed lightly trying to brighten up the tight atmosphere. "Anything for my beautiful daughter" my mum smiled sadly with slight tears prickling her eyes. "Now! I'm going to make pancakes and give your brothers there presents, so please come downstairs as I have some important news" she smiled leaving the room.

I got up and changed into some joggers and a dark tank top while pulling my hair into a messy bun. Walking down the corridors I heard talking in the kitchen, it's not like my brothers to get up this early on a Saturday morning! I walk in and sit in my seat further away from my triplets. "Happy birthday" I said my voice coming out more hoarsely than ever, guess I better stop talking with everyone here. My brothers were giving me looks of disgust out the way of my mothers teary eyes. I simply looked down and began to eat my small thin chocolate chip pancake, my mum makes us them every year she's home, we all used to have a stack full of them with some Nutella and strawberries on top just like what my brothers are eating.

After finishing off my pancake I sat at the table waiting for everyone else to finish there's. "Right so in a few days time you are going to have some people living here with you" my mum said smiling brightly "what the hell" my brothers shouted in synchronisation, clearly annoyed while I sat quietly dreading the news to come. "Don't you dare use that language at me" mum said sternly to the boys gaining mutters of apologies. "Anyway Jake and Jordan are coming to live here for the year" mum said "who are they?" My brothers asked together yet again while squinting there brows together. "Louise, my best friends two twins. There the same age and you better treat them with respect" mum replied while I sank in my seat deeper dreading the next few days. "I'm also afraid that I will be leaving for New York again in an hour so I'll go get my bag and begin the drive to the airport, I will be home soon" she smiled while I somehow sank even more. Great house full of sixteen year old boys and a dying girl!

"Bye mother I love you" I whisper in her ear before she walks to her car and drives off. "Bitch, grab your jacket and leave don't come back till tomorrow morning" one of my brothers sneered at me pulling me by my arm which I can feel has already left a large bruise on my weak, pale, body. I grabbed my coat hissing slightly at his grip and walked out the door with his hand still firmly on my arm. He let go and slammed the front door behind me.

I went to the only place I have to go aka the harbour. Waking through the quiet village at lunch time on a Saturday was unusual for me I've never left the house much over weekends, but then it's no ordinary weekend it's mine and my brothers birthday. I have no idea what they could be doing but my only worry is how will I sneak in my room, I'm to weak to now climb up the tree or vines that grace the garden and house.
I step out the way of the oncoming bike before reaching the top of the harbour.

I walk along reaching the plaque stating at it, lightly tracing my finger across the engravings as always, before sitting down on the cement watching the waves roll over and over.

It's now eight o'clock at night, I've been sitting at this harbour for hours now just watching to the waves and listening to the sounds surrounding me. I'm getting seriously bored and tired now. My body isn't coping, you know with the cancer it's making everything so much harder. I really want to just go home and sleep away my demons.

Standing up as I begin to struggle for air o find myself leaning against the large rock grasping every little bit of the sea air. I begin rocking slightly on my heels trying to let air inflate my poor lungs. Slowly they start to fill again but I'm pretty sure my face is purple from the lack of oxygen. Once I have enough I begin trying to walk up the lane to my house ignoring my brothers commands. Still trying to let my lungs fully inflate I stop for a minute but notice loud music coming from further up the hill, towards my house. Uh oh they're having a party. I force as much air as possible into my ruined lungs and begin to sneak up to my house and through it dodging all the drunk teenagers. Luckily no one spots me to bust dry humping each other. I reach my room and boy am I glad to see no ones been inside. I go in shut and lock the door behind me, taking off my jacket I lay on my bed trying some breathing techniques to calm my lungs the last little bit so I can breath as good as possible due to some reborn certain circumstances.

I've been lying here for about half an hour and over time the chatter faded and now the music is switched off. I hear stomping of feet come up the stairs before knocking, no more like thrashing on my door. "Open this damn door" somebody shouted angrily behind the door. I nervously got up and opened it, quickly sitting back on my bed as two very angry brothers storm in my room. "YOU LITTLE BITCH!" I shrunk back slightly "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO COME BACK TOMORROW" another voice shouted "THOUGHT WE WOULDN'T NOTICE YOU, HUH?" "WELL GUESS WHAT BITCH OUR BIRTHDAY WAS RUINED BECAUSE OF SOME BRAT,YOU!" My other brother yelled coming over before slapping me in the face before storming off my other triplet did the same, leaving me crying my eyes out.