chapter 5

Torri’s POV

Ly’s face fell. “Um… Is anyone hungry?”

“I gots a cookie,” Derek said as Eli shook his head.

A few awkward seconds of silence passed, and I suggested we play a game. Truth or Dare. So when we found Sammie, Andy, and Kelsea, we went up to the hardly-ever-used thirteenth floor, and started playing.

“No powers, right?” Kelsea said, getting the rest of us to nod in agreement.

“I’ll start,” Andy said. “Torri, truth or dare?” Of course I picked dare. “I thought you were going to pick truth! You always used to! But I don’t know, sit on Eli’s lap for a few turns.” As dared, I did. It was pretty weird for a few minutes, until we got comfortable.

“Okay, my turn! Kelsea, truth or dare?” She picked truth. “Umm, give a description of your dream guy.” I just hoped Andy doesn’t pick truth and get a similar question. He told me that he was into guys when we were around twelve or thirteen. I have no clue if he’s told them yet, so I’m hoping that they won’t push it.

“Really? Where are we? A prosaic girl’s slumber party? But sure. A ginger, blue eyes, taller than me, longish hair, hot bod, and has an Australian accent. Okay, Sammie, truth or dare?”

“Dare?”

“Mmmm… Kiss Andy.” I’m guessing they don’t know yet.

Sammie kissed his cheek, no questions asked. “Alright? Alright. Der—”

“On the lips!” Kelsea replied. Andy and I exchanged quick glances, mine being concerned and his of calmness.

“That’s not fair though! He’s like a brother to me! And you didn’t specify!” Kelsea just shook her head and pointed to Andy. Sam kissed him and it lasted about a second. I was 100% sure that it was mad awkward for them, and I am pretty sure that they didn’t feel anything. The best part was the look on Derek’s face. Jealousy, anger, and sadness all at the same time. I’m guessing he loved her.

“Kelsea! Andy! Where are you guys? You were supposed to have training half an hour ago!” Kelsea and Derek’s mother, Miss Carmen, said over the loudspeaker. They jumped up and left us four to play truth or dare.

“That’s great,” Sammie said, earning a strange look from Derek. “Not the kiss, them almost missing training.”

“Cool. Now go; it’s your turn.”

After a bunch of truly inappropriate rounds, we decided that we should stop. The boys actually dared Sammie and me to make out, but that was way too far for us. Sam and Derek left, probably to go make out or something. I don’t know, so don’t ask me.

“Torri, let’s play a game. Say what you hate and you go first,” Ly said with a spark in his eyes.

“I played this with the kid that I sat next to in bio… He was hot,” I replied, hoping I’d get him to open up a bit.

“Fine. If you want me to leave, just say so. Don’t waste your breath.” He got up from next to me and walked towards the door. I just sat there, watching in slow-motion as he walked away. WAKE UP, STUPID!

My mind caught up with my eyes as the door was shutting behind him. “ELI! Please come back!”

“Why? I’m only going to get my heart broken! Your heart obviously belongs to someone else! I heard Blackwell say that you’ll never love me back! I’ll be forever alone!” he paused. “Alright, I’m just gonna go put myself out of my misery now. Bye, I guess.” I saw a shadow of Eli with a gun pressed to his head.