Chapter 2

I pulled out of the driveway and onto the street. I found myself deep in thought about the events that had just occurred. It was weird to think that if things had gone differently, I might have gone through with it. I felt my phone buzz and I pulled over to read it
If anyone asks we hooked up
Gen
I chuckled to myself. I was waiting for that.
K
I pulled off the side of the road. Deep into driving, I realized how hungry I was, so I took a u-turn and started driving to the nearest Wendy's. I took Gen there so many times, I almost missed the familiar drive.
Almost
On the way, I spotted a few cars in an accident. I would have thought nothing of it, until I saw the girl who was in the car
Lara Jean Song-Covey
Lara Jean was a quiet girl I was friends with in middle School. She was apart of our group: Gen, me, her John Ambrose McLaren, Allie, Trevor, and sometimes Chris. We were a group that thought we'd be friends forever, but it kinda fell apart after McLaren moved and Gen and Laura Jean called it quits on their friendship, apparently.
She was sitting on the ground against her car on her phone. I pulled up next to her "Hey, are you ok?" She looked up, her eyes were blotchy and red, so it was obvious she was hysterical crying. "Oh, yeah I'm fine" I chuckled to myself, it was obvious she wasn't. I pulled over the car to the side of the road and got out. As I closed the door I said " So, do you have insurance or something? Did you call triple AAA??" She looked up " Yeah, you can go I'm fine." I leaned against her car "you sure? I could pick you up some Wendy's if that'll make you feel better."
"Yeah, cause Wendy's is gonna fix this"
I laughed
"Well I thought you could use some comfort food" she looked up at me "I'm fine, you should go, ok?" I shrugged "if you say so." I waved as I turned around and got back into my car. She waved back with a forced smile, and for some reason I couldn't get that smile out of my head for a long time.