Chapter 28

"Dada!" Michael called out again, smiling proudly at Louis and expecting kisses since he was such a good boy and learned to speak out a new word.

But everyone was frozen, all filled with different emotions.

Louis' all over the moon. His happiness overshadows the nervousness. Harry could beat him up right now, but Louis could care less.

His son finally acknowledge him as his father.

"That's... that's weird..." Harry finally spoke, anger slowly rising inside of him, "Louis... Louis' not Dada, love. Why would Louis be 'Dada'?" he turned to Zayn.

Zayn internally squeaked, not really knowing how to act right now, "I... I don't know... so weird..." is all he can say.

"Guess I was more of a father than you ever were." Louis smirked, too happy and proud to filter his mouth.

"Louis." Zayn glared at him.

"He knows me way before you." Harry hissed, a confused Michael still in his hands.

"He called me 'Dada'." Louis smirked.

"Babies call anyone names, don't get too cocky." Harry argued after a second of silence.

"Yeah, but-"

"I think it's getting late, yeah? And I'm really tired." Zayn cut in, he loves Louis, but he's risking the both of them right now, and Zayn still wants the day to end drama free.

"Zayn-"

"We got work to do tomorrow, yeah? You two should go." Zayn said before grabbing Michael, who's starting to feel a little upset since he still didn't get any kisses.

"I'm sleeping here. Bye, Tomlinson." Harry said, voice laced with a hint of hostility.

"Uhm, Harry, I appreciate it, but I just really want to have a quiet night with Michael." Zayn said, he's not really lying, he really just want to spend time with his baby, like those good times where he doesn't have a complicated relationship with these two men.

"Are you sure? I mean, I can help you-"

"Can't you just respect the lady's wish?" Louis cut in, rolling his eyes, mood turning sour at the outcome of events, all he wants was to spend this special day with his family.

"This is really none of your business-"

"Enough!" Zayn stepped in, his loud voice surprised everyone, especially Michael, "Look, I'm just really tired, and want a relaxing night. Harry, it's fine, I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I'm going to sleep early anyway."

Harry sighed, "Fine. You really deserve spending a quiet time tonight with Michael, especially with a successful party." he smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow morning, yeah?" he leaned in a gave Zayn a peck on the lips, "You two little buddy, Happy Birthday." he cooed before giving Michael a kiss on the forehead, making the baby giggle and coo some baby noises.

Louis can't help but feel his heart quickly shatter to pieces. 

That should be him.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Louis said, "Happy Birthday, little one." he smiled softly before stroking the baby's soft blonde hair softly.

Michael gave a little happy bounce as he touched the hand on his head, it automatically filled Louis with happiness.

Zayn cleared his throat before leading the two out of the door. They all said another round of 'goodbyes' before Zayn closed the door and gave out an exhausted sigh. That little heated moment tired Zayn out more than Michael's party preparation, he could really use some sleep now.