Chapter 27

[SHAMELESS ADVERTISING: Pssst... Miss Zarry? Check out my new fic called 'Payment Overdue'! It's a Zourry fic... yes... I can't write anything without Zouis in it... It was published because I felt so bad for Harry in this book and Zarry is my second favorite ship, but then... I really won't have any motivation to write or be creative if there's no Zouis in it!!! I PROMISE TO BE FAIR TO HARRY THO!!! Zayn shall be shared equally lololol]

"You should really be careful, Zayn." Lauren said as she and the now a year old baby in her arms watch the struggling raven.

"I can't, the food delivery messed up and now I have to cook something else! In less than 3 hours!" Zayn cried as he plugged in his hair dryer then pointing at the frozen hard chicken, "Michael isn't dressed up and I haven't even showered yet!"

Lauren sighed before grabbing the hair dryer from Zayn, "Hey, stop, look at me."

"I can't-" Zayn argued but Lauren shushed him with a finger.

"Zayn, breathe." she frowned.

"It's my son's first birthday and I'm already messing it up! It's not even a huge birthday party, and I'm already failing." Zayn said in frustration, looking so sorry for his son, who looks like he needs a nap.

"Look, Zayn, here." Lauren said before handing the sleepy baby to Zayn, "Put him to nap, you take a shower and get ready. I'll handle everything here, okay?" she smiled.

Zayn took a deep breath and nodded, letting Michael snuggled against his neck, "Thanks, Lo." he smiled tiredly.

"No problem, yeah? Now go get ready." she waved off as she try to defrost the raw chicken fast.

The raven left the chicken to Lauren, humming and stroking Michael's back to lull him to sleep as he went upstairs to his room. The baby was asleep by the time Zayn entered his room, so he easily placed Michael in his crib.

After seeing that Michael's settled, he went to the bathroom to get ready. Zayn sighed happily as he's finally inside the shower and the water poured all over him. He had been stressing about Michael's birthday, Zayn wanted it to be perfect. His son may not even remember about this except when Zayn will talk about it through pictures, but it's a big deal for Zayn. It's a huge milestone for the both of them, Michael's living for a year now, and Zayn had passed his first year of parenting.

Besides that though, Zayn had been stressing over his messy love triangle. Louis is starting to get impatient and wants more, while Harry's working harder in building up their relationship and keep it strong.

And Zayn is starting to drown.

Lauren would try and encourage Zayn to finally choose one and break it off with the other, she's not too forceful on it though, she doesn't have the right to. No one can understand how hard this is for Zayn, being the one who will be responsible for hurting someone he deeply cares about. Zayn knows it'll only get worse if he keeps this going for so long, but finding the courage is just too damn hard.

That's how his life is going so far, Zayn belongs to Harry during the day at work, then Zayn will belong to Louis every night when Louis sneaks inside his house. The guilt feels heavy whenever both men will declare their love for him, feels heavier when he says it back to Harry's face that's looking at him with so much awe and adoration.

Zayn released a frustrated sigh, before shaking the thoughts away.

It's his son's birthday today, he should focus on making his little bouncing baby boy happy.

No drama or whatsoever.

~~~

"Where's the birthday boy?" Yaser asked in an excited voice, making Michael bounce excitedly in Zayn's arms.