Chapter 8: Their Past

"How much did all that cost?!" Yelled Maka looking at the twenty bags of chips I was carrying.

"Um, a lot...?" I replied.

"Let's not complain and just eat the chips." Said Katrina grabbing the bag of chips and running back to the big tv and picking up her remote to continue playing her video games.

"Katrina you better give me some of those chips!" Shouted Lilly grabbing some of the chips.

"You said you could touch my babies!" Shouted Katrina as she tried grabbing some of the chips.

"No one, but these, they are not your babies and you didn't buy them so you're gonna share whether you like it or not." Said Lilly walking away with some bags in hand.

"No! My babies!" Shouted Katrina.

Aqua rolled her eyes before slapping the back of her head. "Enough fighting." Commanded Aqua.

"Ouch! How dare you slap me baka!" Shouted Katrina.

"Katrina hush your mouth please!" I shouted. 

"Mmm, no." She responded.

~*~

"And we're back in hell." Complained Katrina she bit her lip.

"Well better start heading to class," I responded.

"Noooo." She whinnied.

"Come on Katrina." Commanded Lavander as she grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the school.

Time to start.

I thought to myself gripping my backpack strap and entered the school. I sped walked through the halls as I dodged all the people who went by. I took a turn and looked at all the numbers on the lockers that were on the right side of the hallway.

My eye then landed on number 1343. I got in front of the locker as my thumb and pointer finger grabbed the knob of the locker. I turned it first two whole times and then landed on number forty. I turned it the other way passing forty and then landing on 10. I then turned it the right stopping at 30.

I then lifted up the opening handle opening the locker door with ease. I hung my backpack on one of the hooks and opened the backpack grabbing my binder. As soon as I had my binder in arm I closed the door softly.

I turned to the left and headed for my first class.

~*~

"Welcome students!" Shouted Mrs. Fox.

Everyone in their seats seemed to have a face of misery.

"Now, on the first week of school, I forgot to make and do assignments that evolve with you students interacting and getting to know each other so we're going to only that for today but we only have 40 or so minutes to do this so please comply." She commanded. "Alright, who wants to help?" She asked having a few student raise their arm.

~*~

"How were the classes for you Vio?" Asked Angel.

"They were good. And yours?" I asked.

"Eh." Replied Angel.

"What do you mean by eh?" I asked stepping in front of Angel and looking into their green eyes.

"I was getting teased but that's pretty much it." They responded rubbing their arm.

"What kind of teasing?" I asked.

"Saying that I'm emo and that I cut and stuff like that." They responded without emotion.

I grabbed the side of their light colored face and looked at them straight in the face.

"You and I are going to speak further about this," I stated letting go of their face and walking to my house with them walking to my side.

"Why?" They asked.

"Because no one gets to talk to my friend in such a matter but to be able to help you I need to know about you. You wouldn't just be called a cutter and emo for no reason." I replied.

"Vio I can take care of my-"

"Please let me help," I begged.

They sigh softly before responding with. "Okay. Meet me at the park at 6 sharp." They commanded.

"Alright then."

~*~

I sat at the bench scrolling through Instagram seeing the usually thing food, cute things, and of course cute clothing but on the body of a slim wasted woman with a big chest and bottom making me growl slightly.

"Why can't they make more clothes like that but for the plus size woman," I growled under my breath.

"Wow, I'm glad I didn't argue further with you." 

I looked to my side to see Angel sitting next to me.

"Oh hey," I said putting my phone down.

"Alright what do you want to know?" They asked laying back slightly.

"Hmm, have you ever been depressed before?" I asked.

"Yes, I have been depressed before." They replied.

"How bad was it?" I asked.

"Some days I couldn't find enough strength to even get out of bed but it never got bad enough for me to cut deep enough for blood to bleed through." They replied.

"So you were a light cutter?" I asked.

"Mmhm." They hummed.

"Did people know?" I asked.

"Yes, they did. But that was my fault. I would cut during class and recess in 6th grade knowing if anyone saw that was in my grade they would walk away and wouldn't tell a teacher." They answered looking at the sky.

"How many people knew?" I asked.

"My whole class and a couple of other classes." They answered.

"You keep answering like all of this nothing. Why is that?" I asked.

"Because begin a light cutter and a depressed person that used to be depressed at a 'young' age is something I learned to accept. It's part of me whether I like it not so I better accept it and not pity it. Plus other have had it worst than I." They answered.

"Even so-"

"Imagine it like having a sibling. They are annoying but they are part of your life. You accept as it is. You can't get rid of them. The same way you can't get rid of the past." They replied as my mind went back to Anita and Sakura.

"True..."

"Is that all the questions?" They asked.

"Last one!" I yelled.

"Alright shoot."

"How long do you think both you and Maka will last?" I asked.

"Heh...not long. I know I should have high hopes but in my opinion, it's just one those cute puppy love kind of things. A real relationship starts deep in Highschool but in Middle School if you're lucky you might have a real one." They responded.

"Well."

"Don't tell Maka I said that, anyways have a good night Violet." They said standing up and walking away.

I opened my phone and went to my gallery pulling up one of my favorite poems my friend wrote.

Think Of The Partner Like A Drink (Poem by Rose)
My mother always told me to be careful when it came to love.
And to think of the partner like a drink.
Some are sweet like iced tea.
Others are as bitter as black coffee.
Then there are the ones that are like alcohol.
They're bitter but can be sweet.
They get addicted to having.
To the point many want them.
With those ones, you prepare your heart.
For many want them.
Many will do anything to get close.
Whether you'll go home with the prize of this alcohol or be the one that plays brokenhearted...
All depends on luck.