Chapter 3: Please Tell Me Your Joking

"Alright students since it is the first day of school we're going to do something fun." Announced Mr. Lee.

"Volleyball!" Shouted the students some of them even standing up.

"You all know me too well and yes that is right we're going to play volleyball!" He shouted making many students jump with glee.

The students then stood up.

"Alright time to choose volleyball captains who want's to be one?" He asked.

"I will!" Shouted a male blonde hair.

"I will as well!" Shouted a girl with red hair and an Australian accent.

"Alright Maka and Kevin stand up." He commanded they both stood. "Other students head over to the corner and Kevin go to the other side of the net." He commanded.

Following his order, I moved over where the rest of the students as they both started kneeing and put their hand into a fit.

"Alright, whoever gets one point will choose their teammates first!" He shouted, "Oh one more thing only for today you are allowed to spike the ball!" He shouted last as he threw the volleyball in the air.

The ball headed first for the girl with red hair as she first bumped it over the net. The male that I was guessing was named Kevin he bumped it upward he gasped as if he made a mistake. Maka was smirking as she jumped upward and hit the ball hard with the palm of her hand. It hit the floor making the male grunt.

"Maka choose first." Said the teacher.

She nodded grabbing the volleyball. She looked around and her eyes landed on me she smirked throwing it at me. I caught the ball as I then moved by her side. I then rolled the ball towards the other male.

~*~

As soon as Maka and Kevin were done we were all in position. I was in spot number one also know as the server but it was the others team turn to serve. The other server hit the ball as one of the girls on my team bumped the ball back towards me. I then hit it strong making the ball go over the net.

~*~

"Woo! Hah! In your face Kevin you failed I won woo!" Shouted Maka her Australian accent echoing in the gym as are teamed cheer. I stayed in the back smiling, she patted my back very hard. "You did well what's your name?" She asked.

"Oh, my name is Violet," I said.

"Nice name, here, let's switch numbers we can hang out tomorrow." She said as she pulled me into the girl's locker rooms.

We both switched phone numbers as we then placed our uniforms back on.

"I'll talk to you later Vio!" She shouted leaving the locker rooms.

I left as well and waited in the front of the school for the teacher. She then walked in front of me smiling.

"So tell me how close are you to your mother?" She asked.

"Like I said she's the very reason I'm still alive," I answered.

"I see, well when you feel like the time is right, you tell your parents, remember they are your parents and they will always love you." She said patting my back before leaving.

Sighing to myself, I started heading back home.

~*~

I opened the door to be greeted by silence. Closing the door behind me I first headed towards the dining room.

I went to the fridge and looked around for anything to eat. What caught my eye was a plastic box with a cake with milk inside of it and with my name in all caps in front. I grabbed the box and pulled it out as I closed the fridge with my toe. I went to one of the small cabinets and pulled out a spoon that was inside a cup.

~*~

My eyes scanned over the math homework both back and front. As I picked up my pencil and started doing the homework.

The door then burst open as a high pitched voice, a stern voice, and a soft one could be heard.

"Sissy!" Shouted the high pitched voice as it tackled me making me fall on my bed.

"Hello, Sakura," I responded.

"Yo, sis I got ya something." Said my big brother throwing a plastic bag as it hit my forehead.

"You know you could not have hit me on the head," I growled.

"Kids that's enough oh and Violet guess what?" Asked my mom coming in and dropping all the bags on the floor.

"Um, dad is going to give me 500 dollars so that I can buy a kimono and go to Japan," I responded looking at her with a serious face making all three of them laugh.

"Haha, Violet, no, your sister is going to visit." She stated.

"Which one?" I asked sitting up now.

"Antia." She answered.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"But she'll be staying in your room." She added.

"No, puta madre!" I swore.

"Violet!" Shouted my mother making my older brother laugh. "Who taught you that?" She asked her hands on her hips.

"Brother and dad," I answered.

She then turned to my brother and glared him down.

"Oh, mom did you know that Antia is gay?" He asked.

"What?" She asked her face in disbelief.

"Ya, she told me that over the phone, she said she had a girlfriend and that she was so nice and that Auntie supported her and-" He was caught off by my mom falling to her knees.

"Mom!" We all shouted as I jumped off the sofa and placed one of her arms over my shoulder.

"Please tell me your joking?" She asked.

"U-um, ya it was just a joke haha." He laughed awkwardly and so did my sister and me to make her feel better.

"I see, haha, well I need to go head to bed." She said standing up and heading to her room.

As soon as her door was closed I smacked my brother behind the head. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" He asked.

"You know how mom feels about that! Why would you just tell her that and not expect her to not react like that!"