Chapter 24: Return

Start from the beginning

I decided to get some fresh air for a bit on the nearest coffee shop where I used to go. Ministro Café.

I put my jacket on it's December and getting cold. I went oustide, feeling the cold breeze pass.

I walked on the street, hands on pockets, then entered the coffee shop.  The smell of the aroma of the coffees made was hypnotizing, such a good wake up caller.

I went to the counter and looked at the Menu, the cashier smiling at me.

"Good Evening, Ma'am. What's your order?"

I smiled back. "One French Vanilla, grande."

The cashier nodded and started pressing my order on the monitor.

"And I'll have regular black tea, please."

That voice.

And...

Black Tea...?

I turned around to see a very familiar person. As I looked up, I met his steel gray eyes staring at me as well. He smiled at me and went back to counter.

The cashier operator stared at him, shocked. Probably because Levi showed up so suddenly. What to expect for an attractive, famous celebrity and a popular band vocalist?

"Excuse me?" Levi asked.

The cashier went back to her senses. "Oh uhmm... I'm sorry, sir!" She chuckled nervously. "Uhmm... your names?"

"(Y/n)"

"Levi."

She wrote our names and spoke "So the total would be... $7.50."

Levi was about to pay when I held his wrist. "Wait!"

He looked at me innocently. "Yeah?"

"I'll pay mine."

He chuckled. "Just shut up."

"But-!"

But before I could protest, he handed his money to the cashier. And yes, he paid for my coffee.

After that, I was standing near the waiting area a little mad when he stood in front of me. He was wearing a black coat that suits him, no offense it's almost winter.

"Don't give me that kind of look." His hands on his pocket. "It's my treat."

I rolled my eyes. "It wasn't actually the reason I was mad. But still, I could've paid for my own."

"I said it's my treat, don't make me repeat it." Levi said. "Besides, I'll have to make it up to you, I know why you're mad, I'm not dumb."

"Then why is it?" I crossed my arms.

"I've been away for two weeks. That's it."

"Is that all, you think?"

"You missed me?" He gave me a playful smirk.

"What-?! Agh, in your dreams." I said denying, heat rising on my cheeks.

"Oh sure." He chuckled.

"Just get straight to the point."

"Uh-huh." He said disinterested.

I know he's not answering properly. Was he hiding something?

"Tch. I thought you were smart." I clicked my tongue and mumbled.

"What?" He said irritated.

"Nothing." I turned away from him until I remember that I have to ask him where did he go after being away for a long time.