Week 8

Sitting in the doctor's office my nerve were getting the best of me, watching Sebastian pacing back and forth in the small room wasn't making it any better. We had scheduled an appointment for the day after we returned but I overslept and missed it,but after pushing back and back a month later we were here. Looking at room I had read all the posters at least twice as we waited for the doctor to come in and start the examine.

"Sebastian... you are making me anxious. Babe, please sit down." Sebastian turned to be frantic before nodding and taking a seat. I have literally never seen my man this nervous in his life and don't get me wrong it was very cute, but at the moment it was driving me crazy.

"I'm sorry.. We just been in this room for-"

"Mrs. Basile?" The doctor came in interrupting Sebastian.The both of us stood up in unison causing the doctor to laugh.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded.

"I'm Dr. Fitzpatrick. Nice to meet you both." She shook our hands and instructed us to sit, and we quickly got into the examine. She asked the general question and took the general examine including blood test, which Sebastian almost past out seeing.

"And you say you think you are around 8 weeks?" I nodded after she took my weight and height.

"Yes. Why?" I questioned her a bit worried at her tone.

"No need to worry. Just from the information you gave me about your last menstrual cycle although you said you were irregular. Now I understand that you weren't using any contraception during your honeymoon, but what about before?"

"I was on birth control."

"Did you take it regularly?"

I thought about her question I mean I had a timer set for me to take it at a specific time then it hit me "No... for like a month I was going crazy with wedding planning so it kind of feel to the back burner." I rubbed my belly as I looked at Sebastian who had spent the whole appointment in silence watching closely.

"Well I'm pretty sure you are further along than you think. We can take an ultrasound look at the progress of the fetus to really let us know?"

"Yes, of course. Please." I nodded now taking in this new information trying to to put together a timeline of when it could've happened.

"Alright I will let the Ultrasound tech know it will probably be in about 15 minutes. Do you have any questions-"

"When will our next visit be? What prenatal should she be taking and how often? What type of testing do you recommend and when are they to be done? " Sebastian when on a tangent asking a bunch of other random question as me and the doctor just looked at him smirking.

"Mr. Basile I like the fact that you a prepared these are some really good questions. Most dads especially first time dad don't ask me anything." I rolled my eyes as he gave me knowing smirk.

The doctor pulled out a paper handing it to my husband "Now I can't answer all your questions so this should help. If I remember your brother was the same way when they came in and saw me. Now your next visit will be toward the 18-20 mark or sooner if you want to get the test done, prenatal once a day preferably at night with a meal. Now for testing it just depends I would recommend amniocentesis to check for chromosomal abnormalities and fetal infections."

"Okay one more question. Sex what is okay and what isn't?" He ask super nonchalantly and it threw me off causing my face to warm up.

"I like to tell my patients everything is fair game of course nothing to crazy, but do what makes you comfortable. Did you have any questions mama or did papa bear cover them all?" Dr. Fitzpatrick turned asking me as we both laughed at a pinked Sebastian.