The Escape

Casey's POV

My head felt like it had its own heartbeat but not in a good way, it hurt like hell. I didn't want to open my eyes but I needed to see where I was and what was going on now. So I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. The first thing I noticed was that I was tied to a chair. I heard shuffling coming from outside the room but it didn't sound too close to where I was. I tried to move but I couldn't, and that's when I heard a voice.

"Casey?" A small voice, that was easily recognized as Hedwig's, called.

"Hedwig? That's you isn't it?" I said back.

"Ummmmm...maybe." He said with great hesitation.

"Come in please. I want to ask you something." I called back to him.

"I don't think I can I could get into trouble." He said sounding sad and a little scared.

"Ok well look if someone catches you in here with me then you can tell them that you coming in here was my idea.

"Ok but I can't be long." He said while slowly opening the door. He walked in very cautiously and sat down right in front of my chair.

"Hey Hedwig, do you want to play a game?" I asked him.

"Uhh, what game??" He asked suddenly interested.

"Rock, paper, scissors." I said with smile.

"Ok! Rock, paper..."

"Well I cant do it with my hands tied behind my back silly." I cut him off laughing.

"Oh right! Sorry!" He laughed, while going behind me and untying the rope.

"Ok now let's do it!"

We start to say it in unison. "Rock, Paper, Scissors, SHOOT!"  I yell and hit punch him in the face as hard as I can.

He immediately fell to the ground and seemed to pass out, but I thought that maybe he was just getting someone else to take over, so I knew that I didn't have much time.

I ripped the rope of off my legs and ran to the door and opened it. I sprinted down the hallway and went straight to the first door that I saw. When we opened it there was the girl from the pools body lying on the floor unconscious. I ran over to her and tried to shake her awake, but she wasn't moving. I slapped her in hopes that it would wake her up and it did.

"Come on we have to get out of here!" I yelled and pulled her up not giving her time to ask questions. We ran to the other door outside of this one and opened it. Only to be met with a broom and cleaning supplies. How do we get out of here? As I was thinking this we all heard a growl coming from behind us and looked towards it. It was the beast climbing on the ceiling, coming for us.

"Run!!" I screamed. We started running as fast as we could in the opposite direction of the beast. The girl fell as we were running and I went back to try and get her but it was too late. The beast had gotten to her before I could. I couldn't stop running but the last thing I saw before I round the corner was the beast ripping open the girl's neck. I never even knew her name.

I found yet another door and opened it, finally this one led to the outside world! This house was located in the middle of nowhere, just looked like there were woods for miles. I ran to his car but there were no keys so I kept running through the woods. I heard a noise so I looked and saw him about 10 feet behind us and started to cry, because I was so scared. I knew after everything that I had pulled that if I didn't escape this time that I was dead for sure. Pure or not.

"Get back here!" The beast growled at me. "You can't get away from us!" With that he tackles me to the ground. I'm tired and exhausted as I lay there sobbing with him standing above me.

"Why did you bring me back? What do you want from me? Dennis keeps saying that you all need me but I don't understand why!" I yelled at him, desperately.

"Well I guess you deserve to know. Dennis kept complaining that he wanted you back and I was apprehensive about it at first seeing that it was a very risky move to go back for you. But then I thought to myself that it could work. We've been looking for a companion. Someone to understand our pain and suffering and to be able to accept us for who we all are. Someone who has suffered the same as us. Someone like you. You could be apart of a much larger plan. You are one of us now." He finished.

"Please I can't be that to you. I'm trying to keep my own life together." I sobbed trying to crawl away.

"That's just it. We'll complete each other, make the pain and the hurt fuel us in our hunt for the impure!" He yelled while grabbing my ankles and pulling me back. "Alright now lets go back inside. I don't want to have to knock you out again." I didn't move a muscle.

"Ok guess I'll just have to carry you because I don't want to wait any more with our plans." After saying this he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I beat him on the back with my fists as hard as I could, while he slowly walked back to the house. Will I ever be able to escape now?