Patricia Knows Best

We peer through the door and see a woman speaking with what sounds like the man that took us.

"Dennis I demand to know what have you done?" The woman spoke.

"Don't get upset." Dennis whispered.

"I'm getting frightened." She said

"The food is waiting." The man said

"Is she in that room?" She asked. We all started screaming for her help.

"Help us! We're in here!"

"What is this? How many are there?"

"Wait don't go in there, don't go in there!"

We saw her approach the door with keys. When she opened the door we all stepped back with shock written on our faces. It was our captor dressed in a red turtleneck, black skirt and heels.

"Everything's alright, My names Patricia. I do hope Dennis has been on his best behavior. He's not allowed to touch you. He knows that." She spoke with a British accent. Then she directed her attention to me.

"Oh dear what happened to your pants my child?" She asked me.

"That man uh Dennis I think took them, because they were dirty." I answered.

"I see well I shall fix that, I have one of the others fetch you pants ok darling?"

"One of the others?" Marcia asked quietly.

"You'll find out soon enough, ok?" She said as she looked at all three of us and then walked out.

We were left there in silence desperately trying to understand what was going on.

*Hours later*

"What the hell is going on?" Claire thought out loud.

"I don't know but he was having a full on conversation with himself. We need to get out of here." Marcia said.

"We just need to figure this out first but I will let you know when I hear something that makes sense." I assured them.

"This is seriously scary." Marcia said before we heard keys unlocking the door. The man who I'm calling Dennis now walks into the room with what looks like cleaning supplies. He walks past us and to the bathroom.

"You- naw no. Please keep your area neat the bathroom is unacceptable. Use the blue bottle for the floors and the pink bottle for ceramic surfaces."

He held up the supplies and looked at our direction signaling for us to take it. I got up and walked over and the other two trailed behind. I took the bucket from him and we sat down in the bathroom waiting for more instruction.

"Patricia has reminded me that I was sent to get you for a reason, that you are sacred food. And I promise to try and not bother you again." He said looking down and then holding out a pair of sweatpants in my direction.

"They're jades but they should fit." He said with his thick Boston accent.

I grabbed them and set them on my lap. Then with his hands in his pockets he walked out, shame written all over his face. After the door shut I slipped on the large pants and tied them.

"What does he mean "scared food"?" Claire asked.

"Maybe he has a dog or something. Maybe he's going to feed us to his dogs." Marcia suggested.

"Well dear god I hope not." I said mildly laughing.

"Same." Claire said as we started cleaning.

After like an hour of cleaning we left the bathroom and started think some more about why we are here.

"I watched this documentary one time where this guy kidnapped this girl to be his bride and he kept her for years until she was so Stockholm syndromed that she became ok with it. Maybe that's what he's going to do with us." Claire said.

"There are no extra clothes here, no nothing except for beds and a bathroom. We're not supposed to stay here long. We're meant for something. Something horrible." I said solemnly.

"Well whatever it is, we need to fight him, cause that's the only way we'll ever get out of here, if all three of us just go crazy on him." She said getting angry.

"He picked me up like I weighed nothing. One punch from him would knock us out." I said going over to my bed. I fell asleep to vivid flashbacks of hunting trips with my dad and my...uncle.