20. Fears Faced

Lysa

Lysa

I am in the gym. That's where I am all the time. I have to be ready, I need to be ready. Vik has proved the best trainer I've ever had and managed to make his beloved martial art mine too. When all this shit is done, I will ask him to teach me more. Aha! my subconscious is always up for a good fight. Guess it's part of me, after all. I have repeated a thousand times that after this I am gone, and a thousand more, Vik was there to make me rethink this.

I try to convince myself that's it's the sex. Not that it's not reason enough. It is. God, it is. He is everything my body wants and yearns. Tough and rough when needed, slow and sweet at the same time. He can go all night and he always makes sure I am fully sated before taking me in his arms to sleep. He has yet to disappoint. But it's not just the sex.

I can see it, feel it in the way he is around me. He wants me to stay. He is like a wild animal circling his territory, claiming me, luring me to him. He barely leaves my side, watching me with those damn eyes of him. He even gave up his place in the porn studio and handed it to Runner. When Tor teased him that he was so under my thumb that he did that for me, he shrugged and said "I don't need to be around pussy all day when I can have her." . I know it shouldn't be considering sweet having your boyfriend give up running a porn studio for you, but it is. Boyfriend? Interesting, I need to seriously punch myself right now.

I kick the bag not knowing what to do with all that shit. I wasn't planning on this. I wasn't planning of liking Daniel, of appreciating the club and finding people I can actually stand for more than two seconds. And I certainly wasn't planning on falling for a man like Vik.

"Princess," Vik comes in the gym. "A package for you. Stig and Bjorn cleared it to make sure it's safe."

Stig comes in after him carrying his laptop. He hands me a cellphone and sits on a bench. Jack! I know instantly. He always pulled shit like that, the expensive phone being a way to impress the fighters and keep them hungry for more. I glance up to Vik and his face is rigid but nods to me encouragingly.

"I am set. I will trace that motherfucker," Stig nods to me.

I unlock the phone and go straight to the contacts. One. J. I press dial and I take one deep breath. Moments after Jack answers. I put him on speaker.

"Lysandra."

"Jack," I keep my voice even.

"I hope you are doing well."

"And the weather is pleasant. Now, stop this bullshit and talk."

"The tournament is in three days."

"I want to talk to Daniel first."

"You don't trust me, Lysandra?"

"If I don't hear Daniel's voice in three seconds, you'll see firsthand how I feel about you."