8. Day Off

Welcome to a new chapter in the life of Lysa and Vik

Welcome to a new chapter in the life of Lysa and Vik. Let me tell you, I love my girl!!!

Leave me your comments and thoughts. 

Have fun!

Lysa

I am in the kitchen and I am eating the breakfast Iris has prepared for me. I like that girl. I study her as she is standing with her back to me, her head into the fridge and taking notes of what the boys need. She is too young to take care a bunch of loud, men that have a flair for guns but she does it with a smile on her lips and then goes to work in the garage.

I look at her back and I hiss silently. There is a big tattoo covering all of it. It's her, there is no way that it isn't her, dressed as a Valkyrie, astride a wolf with piercing blue eyes. The same eyes Rage has. It's fucking magnificent! Still, I see marks hidden under the design. Whipping marks, deep scars. That cheerful, smiling girl has gone through some shit and she is still standing, smiling, caring and giving. Word is that she is a genius mechanic on top of it.

"Your man made that?" I ask.

Why do I want to make small talk? I never had any friends. That's a lie, my subconscious revolts. At the thought, I shudder and tighten my grip around the fork I am using, half ready to pin it on my palm than allow thoughts of her come plague me. I had a friend. A friend that was there when I was at my lowest, that gave me advice, took me under her wing, that taught me things. A friend that helped me steel myself and not crumble down. But she is no more.

As I said, no friends. Never needed them. People tend to fuck you over anyway. But I find all this big Rider family thing contagious. These people don't know me and they welcomed me without judging or even asking a damn thing. I am Daniel's daughter. Daniel is family. I am family. My own mother has never bothered to feed me and this strange girl has done so with a smile on her face. Got to give back.

"The tatt?" Iris smiles at me with a stupid, infatuated grin. "Yes, Rage hit that. It's his design."

"He's good," I finish my breakfast.

"I hear you went to look into the wings. Rage is working on some designs for you."

"I am not so sure..." I shake my head.

Daniel told me the deal with the Valkyrie wings but hasn't pushed me for it. Other than that, he acts like an overbearing parent. Especially when he came and pulled a gun on Vik. Vik. I rub my ribs where I have a nice bruise from where he held me down. Naturally, thinking about someone overpowering me would make go mad. But thinking Vik over me, holding me down, his sweat dripping on me, his face so close, gets a completely different reaction from me. It was weak of me but if he leaned in and took me there, on the ring, I would have let him.

And to rub in my face the fact that I haven't gotten any for god knows how long, Rage walks in in his tight jeans and nothing else. I can see clearly why he sees himself as a huge, ferocious, wild wolf. He is one! He moves and his muscles ripple, ready to strike at any given moment. As if I am not there, he walks up to Iris and gathers her to him planting a kiss on her lips. Iris melts against his broad chest and then looks in his baby blue eyes with utter adoration. Argh!