Chapter 11 Blackout

I walked back to the hotel. Still numb from how easily Jin walked away. I walked through the turning door and saw Sydney behind the counter. She quickly looked down and avoided eye contact with me. I just kept walking. I couldn't handle anything more than what I already had.

I took the old Skeleton key out of my pocket and unlocked my door. Even the key couldn't make me happy like it usually did. I walked into my room and went straight for the bed. I couldn't handle standing for another second at that moment. I felt defeated. So defeated. I closed my eyes, just for a moment and tried to just breathe. Even that felt too hard to do.

"What's wrong with me? I just don't understand."

I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Jin walking away.
I got up, not wanting to keep reliving that moment. I walked into the bathroom, my body moving itself because I felt like my mind was gone.

I turned on the shower and got in. I stood there and let the warm water run down my body. I decided to just let myself feel. Feel all the emotions I had been repressing.
I leaned against the shower wall and cried.

My life had never really made complete sense. Things never quite fell into to place for me like they did for other people, until I came here. Harriotsville, a town that had the perfect man. Jin calmed my mind whenever I was with him. I had never met a man like him before. Why couldn't I just let him completely in? Why did I just let him walk away? Why?

My cries turned into sobs. The water still running down my body.

My thoughts turned to the Jester. A crazy man whom I had just met. He stood in between me and something I had always wanted, yet I found a part of myself wanting him. Needing him. I was so drawn to him. It was a force that I couldn't fight. I didn't have the strength to fight it anymore.

Taehyung. I needed to see him.

The thought of him gave me a strength I didn't know I had. I had to see him. I stood up from the shower floor and decided that I wouldn't let Jin keep me down. I couldn't let him keep me down.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw my room full of soft light shining in from the windows. I looked out the window and saw the sun rising. A new day. I welcomed it.

"Today is a new day. A day that I will make my own." I said out loud with a new confidence. A confidence that came from deep inside of me.

I got dressed and went and sat in the hotel breakfast nook and sipped a warm coffee. I hadn't slept in what felt like forever and I needed some kind of energy. My eyes were heavy but my soul was becoming full.

"Body found in old brick home outside of town. Confirmed Jester hat found at the crime scene by Cheif Tidewaller...." I heard on the T.V. In the background.

"What? A Jester hat? Absolutely not." I thought to myself. "But....but what if?"

I decided that the only way to find anything out was to go to him. Seeing him was a thought that excited me.

I got up from my chair and put my coffee on the counter and walked out of the hotel towards the woods. As I passed the Diner I could see Jin's car where we had left it the night before.

"He must have walked home." I thought to myself. Then the memory of him of him walking away flashed through my mind and I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and quickened my pace.

I entered the woods and walked deeper and deeper, finding myself growing more excited at the thought of seeing him with each step.

"Jester!" I called out.

I heard movement behind me. I turned around expecting to see him, but all I saw were the branches of the trees ahead of me.

"Taehyung!" I yelled even louder.

*snap*

I felt the arms of a person grab me forcefully from behind and the cotton on my face covering my mouth, blocking my screams....and that's when the darkness came.

EMD OF CHAPTER 11