Chapter 18

The new album is gold and that's all I'm going to say. Enjoy the chapter.

"Let's go," Normani says at the bottom of the stairs, obviously getting the same call as Lauren.

"Sinu told me that Dinah and Ally are there right now too, that's all I know," Normani explains as they rush out to her car. Lauren is still as silent as ever, her mind running with possibilities. The car stops and Lauren realizes that they are right in front of the hospital. She must've gotten lost in her thoughts the way here.

They get out of the car and literally run into the hospital. They get to Camila's room faster than ever before. Finding Sinu at the door waiting for them. They stop once they are in front of her.

"She's awake." And with those words Lauren feels all the relief in the world in that moment.

"She is non verbal right now and she may get overwhelmed easier if you both go in there at once," Sinu explains to the two teenagers.

"You can go," Normani informs her best friend, knowing how much Camila means to her. Lauren nods before slipping past Sinu and into the room. Lauren walks over to her bedside to see her girlfriend does have a bandage around her head like in Lauren's dream, making her even more scared of the reality that could become true. Lauren softly sits at the end of her bed, by her legs.

"Camz, wake up baby," Lauren says as she gently shakes her girlfriend awake. Camila slightly moves before opening her eyes to meet her favorite green ones. Camila widely smiles before sitting up completely, she winces slightly at the ache in her head from doing so.

"Careful," Lauren says quickly coming to her girlfriend's side to help. Lauren is just glad that Camila is going to be okay, even if she can't actually tell Lauren that right now, Lauren can see it. Everything is going to be okay with her Camz and that's all that mattered to Lauren.

"How're you feeling, baby," Lauren ask sweetly as the younger girl curls up into her side in the hospital bed. Camila cutely gives her a thumbs up and Lauren feels like dying in that second.

"Hey Chancho, they didn't have chocolate so I got you vanilla pudding," Dinah says loudly as she barges into the room, ruining whatever moment the couple was having before she walked in.

"Lauser," Dinah practically yells, making Camila cover her ears. Dinah sends her an apologetic look, sometimes she just can't help her volume control, no matter how much she wants to. Dinah rushes over to Lauren, handing Ally the pudding who was right behind her, and pulls Lauren into a tight squeeze.

"I've missed you," Dinah mumbles into her shoulder, the two girls have gotten quite close since Lauren and Camila started dating. They have a strong bond, different than what they have with everyone else.

"You too, Dj," Lauren says just as quietly as she embraces the girl fully, and Lauren truly has missed the taller girl.

"So we're skipping school tomorrow," Normani states, not even questioning. She already knows the answer.

"More like today," Ally says as she finally hands the vanilla pudding over to her cousin. Camila sends her a thankful smile, but still keeps her eyes on her girlfriend and her best friend. The two having a friendship like they have is more important to Camila than they probably realize. Camila wants everyone that she loves to get along with each other, and that's exactly what's happening.

"Since the girls are here now, your father and I are going to go home and rest, mija," Sinu informs all the girls, popping her head into the room. They then hear a chorus of 'goodbye's and Camila waves to her mom before she leaves. Camila then realizes that Lauren is back to sitting down on the bed beside her and pulls her girlfriend into a kiss.