"Are you the daughter of Catherine Banks?" a police officer asked.

"Um, yes, is something wrong?"

"Your mother has been in a car accident. We need to bring you to the hospital." My heart sank. I threw on the first pair of shoes I could find and a sweat jacket and ran out to the police officer's car. He drove me to the hospital and told me where I could find my mother. I ran all the way there and burst through the door.

"Mom?" My mother was hooked up to hundreds of machines and my dad was on his knees crying. I sat on the other side of the bed and held her hand.

"Mom?" I asked again, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Hey Stel," she said weakly, bringing her frail hand up to my cheek.

"You're gonna be okay. This will all be fine," I said. My mom took my dad's hand as well. She kissed both of us.

"I love you," she said. The beeping of the heart monitor stopped. The room became silent.

"Mom? Mom, wake up. MOM!" I cried, shaking her. Nothing. I sank to my knees and balled up. Not my mom too.

"MOM!" I screamed. Doctors rushed in and a few had to carry me out.

"NO!" I screamed as they shut the door. That was the last time that I ever saw my mother again. My dad was nowhere to be found. I just sat in the waiting room. Doctors asked if I needed to call anyone but I didn't really hear them. Eventually they stopped asking and just left me alone. My mom was dead. My dad was gone. Willy was dead. I was alone.

***

I woke up in the waiting room. I had no idea why I was at the hospital, but then I remembered. I got up and asked the receptionist if I could use the phone. At first I called home but no one answered. Then I called Soda's house, praying that someone was still home.

"Hello?" I heard Soda ask.

"Soda?" I asked shakily.

"Stella? Baby, what's wrong?" I could see his eyes well up with worry.

"Can- can you meet me at the Tulsa Memorial Hospital?"

"Of course, I'll be there as soon as I can." I hung up the phone and sat back in the chair. I drifted off into space until I heard a familiar voice.

"Can you tell me where Stella Banks is?" I heard him say. The receptionist pointed at me. Soda ran over and knelt in front of me.

"Stella? Stella baby, what happened?" I finally made eye contact with him. I felt my eyes well up with tears and he pulled me into a bear hug. I crumpled into his chest and cried my eyes out. Soda picked me up and muttered a 'thank you' as he brought me into Darry's truck. He sat me down, got into the driver's side and pulled away. Before I knew it, we were at his house. Soda must have broken some laws to get here so quick. He picked me up again and carried me into his room, where he sat on the bed with me still in his arms. After I stopped crying, he wiped my tears and asked me what happened. I cried even more as I had to relive the events of last night. Soda had a horrified look on his face after I finished the story and he hugged me tighter.

"You didn't deserve this Stella. Crap, you didn't deserve this!" he yelled. I sucked up my tears and picked my head up.

"Soda, I don't want to drag you into this. You already lost your parents, I don't want you to have to relive it all over again," I said as I got up. Soda grabbed my waist and pulled me back down.

"There is no way on Earth that I would ever let you deal with this alone. Stella, I am NOT leaving your side. EVER. Is that understood?" I nodded and he pulled me into another hug. We stayed like that until I fell asleep. Soda tucked me underneath the covers, kissed my forehead, and walked out. I fell asleep and luckily didn't have any nightmares.