Obviously he was in alot of pain and Jared noticed because of his slight limp, but didn't have a chance to question him since Sammy shakily grabbed onto Jared's wrist and pulled him out the threshold, into the hallway and towards the start of the steps. "I'll explain the rest later, but please take me home. Please."

Jared nodded, completely forgetting about the real reason he came to the apartment, utterly confused and a little hazy. Jared led Sammy to his car in the parking lot after they left the shitty apartment blocks. 

In a swift motion, he unlocked the car and motioned for Sammy to climb in as he himself entered. Jared sat in his seat; shocked, confused, angry, ashamed and utterly sorry that Sammy had to endure such madness from his supposedly 'innocent' boyfriend. He was speechless, yet managed to pull the vehicle into gear and begin his way down the highway.

Sammy sighed and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He was still in alot of pan but nothing to cry about. Sammy was just a bit disappointed since Jared was the literal last person in the world he expected to come to his rescue, as he was silently hoping for Dominique to show up.  However, at this point, if a cactus showed up he'd gladly accept the help.

"So..." Sammy trailed off, "Thanks for dropping me off." He watched as Jared silently nodded, lost in his sea of thoughts. His face alone told Sammy that Jared did not know how to cope with the current situation.

"Uhm... I'll just give you my directions." Sammy uncomfortably shifted in his seat once more, this time not because of the pain but the blanket of heavy silence that fell between the two.

What was I thinking? I clearly didn't think! Sammy sighed as he internally stressed about the slightly awkward and very vulnerable situation he was placed in, much less with his ex boyfriend being the one to come to his rescue.

But even if Sammy was a little weirded out by the entire thing, he was just glad that things were over and hopefully he would never had to see Gabriel again.

The sick, crazy bastard.

"No." Jared shook his head softly. "We're going to the police." 

"What, no."

"Yes we are. Enough about it." Jared struggled to form these two sentences as he stiffly spat, his mouth forming a straight line and his expression mixed with determination and anger. Sammy knew that there was no convincing or desuading him once that expression came up, so he tried to get comfortable and prepare himself mentally for the many questions that the police will -and Jared had yet to- ask him.

In a way, Sammy was glad Jared didn't push him to explain himself and so grateful he took it upon himself to bring him to the police to resolve the issue- even though Jared may potentially be signing Gabriel's prison penalty.

Upon arriving at the nearest station about 20 minutes away from the apartment complex, Jared promptly flagged down the attention of a worker who just so happened to be a detective. Spending nearly 2 hours explaining everything to both the detective and Jared; about an hour for physical tests; and half an hour describing the guy to the artist, Jared and I left the station with the detective's promise of catching Gabriel- who by the way had yet to return Jared's missed calls. By the looks of it, he'll be facing heavy incarceration penalties on the count of attempted murder, rape, sexual assault, abuse and violence. 

Sammy sighed in relief as he entered Jared's pick up truck for the second time tonight. He was so thankful that Jared was so friendly and expressed this to him.

Finally, for what seems like an eternity, Jared's face spotted a slight smile and he quickly eyed me before turning his attention back to the road. "You' welcome. I was gonna break up with him anyway..."He trailed off.

Sammy faced him, awaiting his continuation which never came. "Why?"

"He cheated on me." Jared sighed, the tiredness slowly taking over his features as he rubbed his crinkled face. He let out a forced chuckle, "Well he has been cheating on me since the day we got official. Anyway, I thought with a more stable relationship with me, he'd stop with the countless partners. Turns out I was wrong and he isn't ready to end his promiscuous ways." Jared sighed and clutched the wheel, squeezing til his knuckles got white and his face turned cold, "I just can't believe he did this shit to you. I'm glad I found you when I did, Sammy- you never know what could've taken place if I came just a tad bit later."

"I.... I..." Sammy stuttered, never expecting Jared to confess all this to him. He was overwhelmed and a little anxious.

Jared chuckled, "Sammy. I promise you that I just want to be friends. We tried it out, but I figured that it worked out for the best because it didn't work out. I love you, but not the way you probably loved me." He struggled to form his next sentence, rubbing his forehead, " I really am sorry for what I did. Me cheating on you shouldn't have been the way to break up, but I can't handle seeing you cry..." Jared sighed and faced him, "Please forgive me."

Sammy sighed yet chuckled, "This is the guy I was with, not the other crazy head you are when you're with Gabriel. But... I can't forgive you, Jared-"

"Oh, okay." Jared stifled a chuckle and cleared his throat, "What was I thinking anyway. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I am truly sorry Sammy."

Sammy softly smiled and lightly touched his arm, "You done?" After Jared shakily nodded Sammy chuckled again and gave him a light pat on the shoulder, "I already did; and you really should stop interrupting people."

"I..."

"Just take me home, Jared. I've had enough drama for a lifetime." Sammy cringed as he settled into his seat.

"Okay." Jared smiled.