Chapter 15: Ominous

Comenzar desde el principio

The red smoke swirled around her corrupting body, her throat choking as the restraining grip of some strange force closed in further on her neck.  Shiro arched her back, throwing her head back and gaping her mouth wide open into a silent scream; nothing but a few choked sounds escaped her throat.

She lay there on the ground, writhing as the bloody foam emerged from her now clenched jaws; her eyes stretched open to its maximum width and to the point of almost ripping her white skin.  Her hooked fingers lay at her sides, jagged, as her heels dug into the hard ground and rubbed against the fabric of her ballet flats, raw and bloody.

Shiro sucked in a long, loud gasp that echoed through the silent forest, falling still and collapsing into a pathetic bloody heap as her eyes glazed over in a deathly sheen.

The woods grew quiet, save for the few birds that dared to chirp once more.  The wind ruffled the leaves in the tall trees in such a serene manner, it masked the frozen body of the girl below and made it seem like she was sleeping; her still chest and drained skin though, said otherwise.

Itachi burst through the leaves, his forehead adorned in sparkling gems of perspiration.  His Sharingan eyes were wide, wild and gleaming in a crazed scarlet sheen.  Kisame followed closely behind him, the two shinobi landing on the ground silently as their muffled footsteps ceased; their round eyes bore down on the body that lay frozen in front of them.

“Shiro-san!” Itachi screeched, leaping up to the samurai’s body as he collapsed onto his knees.  “Shiro-san!”

“My my,” Kisame growled.  “Looks like you finally got what you deserved, Shiro-chan…”

Urusai, Kisame!” Itachi barked, thrusting the two gleaming katana sheaths to the side.

“Give it up, Itachi-san,” the larger shinobi grumbled, leaning against the thick trunk of a nearby tree.  “She’s gone; we can both feel her body drained from Chakra.”

“She’s not dead!” Itachi snapped, his crimson eyes beading with tears.  “I can save her!”

“What makes you think you can save her, Itachi-san?” the ninja behind him snarled.  “Her body’s like an empty shell now.  There isn’t any possible way you can revive her unless you use that kinjutsu (Forbidden Jutsu).”

“There has to be another way!” Itachi protested, his voice straining to keep even.  “Shiro can’t die!”

“She’s dead, Itachi-san.” Kisame turned his back towards the frantic man, scoffing.  “The sooner you accept that, the better life will continue for you.”

Urusai!” the distressed shinobi snarled.  “I have to try!”

Kisame scoffed once more, leaping up into the trees to peer down past the branches, spying on his lamenting partner as he screamed out in sorrow.

“Shiro-san!” Itachi yelled, striking her chest with a firm pump of his two palms.  “Shiro-san!”

Of course, there was no response.  The woman’s white lips turned even paler, her skin turning a powdery white as her figure’s remaining warmth ebbed away to an icy frost.

“Shiro-san!”

He struck the girl again in the chest.

Nothing.

“Shiro-san!”

No response.

“SHIRO!”

Itachi collapsed on top of the girl’s body, yelling in frustration as he gripped the samurai’s adulterated white kimono, streaked in dark blood and filthy mud, dusted in the dirt that scattered on the grave ground.  Itachi, suppressing his persistent tears, took a few deep breaths, clenching his jaws as he ground his teeth together.