Season 3 - Episode 5: The Ninja Quest Part 2

Billy: I can't believe it. Our Zords... they're gone.

(The teens find themselves walking among the wreckage of their old Zords after sustaining a beating from Rito and Goldar. Sudden electrical surges from the severed parts scare them.)

Aisha: Ahh!!

Adam: Look out!

(The teens scatter as more go off, causing random fires.)

Adam: Let's get out of here! It's not safe!

(They scurry like mice in a maze, trying to outrun the surges. They eventually reach a safe distance away from the wreckage and up a small hill.)

Kimberly: Oh my god. This is horrible.

(They take in the view of Angel Grove set ablaze. The streets littered with their Zords body parts and Rito and Goldar dance victoriously in the background before disappearing.)

Aisha: Maybe Alpha can help fix the Zords?

Billy: I don't think it's gonna be that simple.

Tommy: I doubt there's much we can do. (Pauses) Man, I never thought I'd see the day.

Robbie: I did. I saw this day coming the day you were put in charge.

Tommy: You really want to start right now?

(Robbie shrugs)

Robbie: My schedules free.

Tommy: So you really think you could have avoided this?

Robbie: I think I would have fled when we had the chance.

Tommy: Whatever man. I don't have time to listen to you play armchair quarterback. Go start your own team if you want to be leader so bad. You couldn't lead kids in McDonalds.

Robbie: At least I wouldn't get them killed.

Kimberly: Enough. Both of you. This isn't the time for stupid chest thumping. We need to think of a way to fix this situation.

Robbie: Fine. Any ideas?

Tommy: I don't know yet. We gotta speak to Zordon first.

Billy: We can't. Our communicators are fried.

(Billy tries to contact Alpha and Zordon, but all they here is static.)

Rocky: That can't be good.

Billy: No. We may have severed our link to the morphing grid entirely.

Aisha: And that means...?

Billy: We may have lost our powers. Completely.

(Meanwhile on the moon, Rita, Zedd and the rest

Rita and Zedd: We won! We won! We won!!!! We finally beat them.

Lord Zedd: Yes! We pulverized those pesky power punks! They're finally finished.

Squatt: I can't believe my eyes.

Baboo: They went down like a sack of potatoes.

Rito: Ah, it was nothing.

(Rito and Goldar casually walk through the back entrance; huge grins on their faces.)

Rita: Little brother! I'm so proud of you.

(Rita rushes over to give Rito a giant hug.)

Rito: Aw shucks. Thanks big sis. I couldn't have done it without you.

Goldar: Yes. She spent the last two years softening them up for you.

Rito: Brilliant plan.

Rita: Why thank you.

Lord Zedd: And here he is, the man of the hour!

(Ivan Ooze walks in behind them. His arms wide open as if expecting a hero's welcome.)

Ivan Ooze: My fellow ghouls and gals, it is done. Pay back has been exacted. Zordon is no more!

Lord Zedd: Brilliant!!

Rita: Nothing like a bit of teamwork to make the dream work.

Lord Zedd: Finster, grab some glasses. Let's toast to the hero.

Finster: Yes sir.

Ivan Ooze: Why thank you but no thank you. You see time is of the essence. I must move onto phase two of my plan right away.

Lord Zedd: Right now? Enjoy the moment.

Rita: Wait, I thought you just teamed with us to get Zordon.

Ivan Ooze: That I did. But perhaps I got to thinking, and maybe our future plans aren't so different after all. Our alliance could serve some further use to me.

(Ivan quietly walks past them toward the balcony.)

Ivan Ooze: You see, I have a dream. To end all suffering and pain through control of the masses. To purge the weak and corrupted. To have one uniting vision for all. I have a dream, and finally, after 10,000 years of imprisonment I can make it reality.

Lord Zedd: Great minds think alike. We're gonna be the next MLK.

Rita: (Rolls eyes) Oh please. We're gonna accomplish way more than the guy that made peanut butter.

(Meanwhile at the Juice Bar, a gloomy looking Sammy is seen sitting in the outdoor patios where she was left by Robbie. An even gloomier Bulk and Skull approach her.)

Sammy: Oh hey guys.

Bulk and Skull: Hey.

Sammy: What's wrong with you?

Skull: Everything.

(They pull up chairs next to her.)

Sammy: What do you mean? What's everything?

Bulk: Everything. The way we look to everyone, the way we've wasted a whole year on some stupid Easter hunt, the way everyone around us has managed to move up in the world while we've remained laughing fodder that falls into cakes.

Sammy: I stopped laughing at that after a while.

Skull: We used to be feared, respected! Now it seems like we've fallen behind.

Bulk: The dweebs are in Switzerland right now negotiating a peace deal in the Middle East. The dweebs! I mean how good can those goody goods get?

Skull: They could try out for Jesus.

Bulk: I miss the good old days. Remember how I used to pound Zack and Jason back in the day?

Sammy: No.

Bulk: Well it happened.

Sammy: Eh. I've spoken to cousin Trini about it, and it doesn't sound as great as it seems. It's a whole lot of work and it's very strenuous. One false move and you risk ruining the whole thing, or worse, starting World War III. Bleh, I think you should get your head examined if you want to do that.

Bulk: What, you don't think we're cut out for that stuff?

Sammy: No, I jus--

Bulk: I'll have you know I've had my head examined; they've found nothing.

Sammy: Okay, okay! Well if you guys are looking to do something with your lives, why not sign up for the Angel Grove Junior Police Department?

Skull: The what?

Sammy: The Angel Grove Police Department. It's a new program by the police to train troubled youths. You get to work closely with cops and learn a bit about all that it takes to be an officer. You get a backdoor into the real department if you do well too. My daddy's a commanding officer there. He spearheaded the program.

Bulk: That's actually not a bad idea.

Skull: Yeah?

Bulk: Yeah. Chicks do dig a man in uniform.

Skull: They do?

Bulk: Oh yeah.

Sammy: Maybe I could ask him to pull some strings and let you in.

Bulk: That'd be awesome! You should join us. We'd make a great trio.

Sammy: Mmm. I'll pass.

Skull: Why not?

Sammy: I mean don't get me wrong, I love my dad, But I hate cops. They're all creeps toward me. Not to mention that they're all glamorized bullies that like to pick on the weak but can't cut it at school.

Skull: I can't believe we haven't thought of this before. This sounds like the perfect place for us.

Bulk: Alright that does it.

(Bulk stands up.)

Bulk: Skull and I are joining the Angel Grove Junior Police Department!

Sammy: Yay! C'mon, I'll take you over to the police academy. My daddy's there right now.

(Sammy gets up from her seat and despite being mid-shift, walks right out the side entrance with Bulk and Skull toward the police academy. Meanwhile, Ernie continues to bust his hump bussing tables near the back. A radio plays nearby.)