"He's my friend!"

Começar do início

Once he was out of view, I walk back over to my bed and climb into the blankets. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell strait to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next night, I had found a note by my window with the writing of, "Meet me at the park when you get the chance. -Donnie". As I smile to myself , my parents enter my room with weird expressions. "(Y/n), is something going on. We got a call from the school saying you have been falling asleep during class. It's not like you." said my mom. "Oh, um. I just had a bad dream last night. I didn't sleep much. That's all." I say while holding the paper tightly behind my back. They watch me for what seemed like forever and finally sighed. "Well, if it's just a dream, then sing to yourself. That always helped me when I was a boy." said my dad. I nodded and watched them leave. "Goon night." they say in unison and close my door.

I listen to their whispering and foot steps fade as they went down the hallway and quickly turned off my light. I opened my window up to climb outside but quickly realized I forgot something. I ran back to my room and opened it slightly to see if their door was closed. Thankfully is was and their light was off, so I hurried along in the hallway and into the kitchen. "Please don't tell me dad ate all of it." I whisper and open the pizza box. "Yes." I say and grab the last two slices to heart up. 'Okay, I got five minutes. I have to go back into the closet and get the nails and hammer. Ready, set, GO!' I say in my mind and race out of the kitchen. I head to the closet and open the door. Looking all over the shelves, I don't see the tool box, until I look up on the highest shelf. "Dang it." I hissed and started climbing the shelves. Being very careful, I grab a hold onto the box and slowly start climbing down. I realized going this slow meant I was wasting time, which meant the microwave was going to beep, and my parents would wake up and find out I have actually been staying up all night. I took my chances and leaped down onto the floor. "Hah, I did it."

I race back into the kitchen just in time and pushed the off button. "2 seconds. Not bad (y/n), not bad." I say and pull out the pizza. I continued to wrap them in a paper towel and looked inside the box for the things I needed. "Here we go!" I say and held up the box of nails and hammer like I was Link. "Let's go."

After finally leaving , I raced towards the park. I arrived after 2 minutes of nonstop running, I found Donnie sitting on a swing and drawing in the sand with a stick. "Hi!" I say and hid the things behind my back. "Hey (y/n)! I'm glad you good make it." he says. I noticed he now had a purple bandana around his eyes, along with a stick behind his back. "Woah! I like your new get up. Especially the bandana, it brings out your eyes. Purple is actually my favorite color!" I say. "R-really! T-thanks! I received these today. Sensei says that me and my brothers were ready to receive our weapons that fitted us, so I got the Bo staff." he says and pulls it from his back. "Is that what it's called? That's so cool!" I say looking at it in awe. "But, isn't it just a long stick?" I ask and look at him. "Well, yea. But I plan on making some new renovations to it." he says and puts it back.

"That reminds me! Guess what I have for you." I say, seeing him with a surprised look.

"I a-actually have something for you too. That's why I wanted to meet tonight." he said nervously.

"Really? Wait, I have to go first. Here you are." I say and hand him the rolled up pizza along with the new tools. "Woah! New tools. Thank you, but I feel bad taking these from you." he says. "Don't worry, my parents won't even notice. Look at what's inside the paper towel." I say. He starts unrolling the towel to reveal the delicious looking pizza. "Yes! This is amazing!!" he says. I laugh at how excited he was about the pizza. I'm pretty sure I could see him drool over the food

"Here. Since there's two, we can share." he says giving me a piece. "Thanks." I reply and sit down. Donnie sits back down and starts to eat the pizza also. When we were both done, we both stared at the sky. "Soo, are you going to teach me some tricks with your new bow staff?" I ask. He looks over at me and laughs nervously. "Oh, well, I'm not that good yet. But i can try to show you." he says and stands. "Yay!" I say and stand too.

After teaching me how to hold the staff correctly, the next step was to spin it. "Okay, just like that. There you go! Your doing it!" he says. I was spinning the staff slowly at first until I got the hang of it. "I-I think I got this!" I say and spin it faster. After a few spins, the staff accidently falls out of my hands and hit Donnie in the stomach. He instantly holds his stomach and bends over while moaning. "OH! I'm so sorry Donnie! Are you ok?!" I say picking up the staff and run over to him. "Y-yea." he says standing. "I really am sorry." I say again and hand him his staff. "Hehe, it's fine. It was an accident." he laughs. I laugh along and remembered he had a gift for me. "Wasn't there something you wanted to give me." I ask. He looks around nervously and blushes.

"Oh, um. Well, you have to follow me." He says while holding his hand out. "Oh, ok!" I say and grab his hand. Right before we left, I hear someone calling my name. I turn to see my parents down the road calling my name. They were both looking under the cars and down the alley ways, getting closer to the park. I feel the warmth of Donnie's hand leave mine, so I turn to him and see that he was already gone. "D-Donnie?" I say and look around for him.

I then feel a hand on my shoulder and me being pulled into an embrace. I look up to see my mom crying and my dad hugging me. "Where have you've been?" they ask with worried expressions. I figured that they would find out eventually, so I had to tell them the truth.

"I was playing with my friend. Donnie." I say. "Who's that sweetie?" says my mom looking around. "He's the green ninja. He was just here, but I guess you scared him off..." I say, feeling the tears coming to my eyes. I had felt bad for giving out Donnie's identity. I should have made sure they were really asleep.

"Let's go home." they say and pull onto my arm, leading me back to home.

-------------------------------------------

The next few days, I had to go to therapy and talk to a stranger about what I had been doing with Donnie. I explained everything. Like how I would sneak out the window and how I had helped him one night to find his screwdriver.

She told my parents and explained she had some cases before where a child would be affected by the polluted air and would do things other kids don't usually do.

That same night, my parents told me we had to move for my safety. I begged them to not move because I was just now starting to like it here.

My parents already knew I wanted to stay because of Donnie, but still persisted on us moving. Last night we were in the city, it was my first time getting into an argument with my parents. "Donnie is not real! He's imaginary." they said. This statement made me the angriest I have ever been throughout my 7 years of living. I knew he was real.

I could feel my face heat up as I stood from the seat I was sitting in and yelled, "He's my friend!"

I then marched out of the room and into my now boxed filled bedroom. I looked out the window to look for sign of Donnie, but that was the last time I would see him.

Or so I thought....