18

LEFT BEHIND LIFE

Water surrounds her body, trapping her into the under sea world. After being punched and knocked out by a patient at the ferry, Meredith's body helplessly fell into the Seattle sea.

Her brain desperately seized for air. Begging for just a gasp, a breeze, something.

But nothing came.

And Meredith was left to drown.

On the other side of the crash site, Derek Shepherd breathed helplessly as he begged multiple people for any sort of direction to where Meredith could be.

None of them were much help. Everyone needed help on that day, no one took priority over another. It only worried Derek further as he watched Izzie hitch a ride back in an ambulance, leaving him completely in the midst of the havoc.

A little blonde girl off to the side and away from the site caught his attention, he asked her if she was alright but never did she respond. Derek noticed Meredith's jacket with her name card attached, it was right by the edge of the doc, blood underneath it.

"Did you see this woman?" He asked the girl getting onto his knees.

His heart urged him to go on impatiently when she didn't respond.

"Do you know Meredith? I'm looking for her, you show me where she went okay?" He sounded desperate but it didn't matter.

His heart dropped when she pointed out into the ocean.

A thick lump went down his throat.

Derek without a seconds thought, ripped his jacket off, rushed down to the ladder of the doc, and jumped in. Swimming down, to find Meredith.