Chapter 8- Help!

The night sky is beautiful. Millions of stars. "They were once thought to be windows in heaven so the dead could watch over loved ones." Stein said, more to himself.
"Heaven is a place for the powerful. The rest of us just suffer." Monica answered.
Stein looked down at his drink. There was a small amount of clear liquid in the bottom of his glass. He just played with it, before turning to Monica.
"You sound like her, you know?" Monica tilted her head inquisitively. "Narissa. She sat here once."
"I'm not here to listen to faction history!" Monica snapped.
Stein sat behind his desk, opposite to Monica who was already sitting. Her legs crossed casually, but her hands ready to attack if she needed them to.
"I'm sorry about El." He seemed sincere.
Monica shot up, kicked her seat over and grabbed Stein's shirt and lab coat. "You have no right!" She told him through clenched teeth, then pushed him backwards into his seat.
Monica had reached the door, as she opened it, Stein sighed. "I need your help!" He told Monica.
Monica stopped and waited in the doorway.
"You have an agenda. Kill Narissa, and we will discuss it."
Monica didn't move. "You want my help? You want me to keep playing these games? I'm sorry Stein. We don't need you! We don't need the factions or the hunt. You do!"
"Monica, if you leave, you will be decommissioned."
Monica reentered the room, without closing the door. Stein stood, and defensively awaited Monica's move.
Monica sized up to Stein. He was bigger, but she is proving she isn't scared of him. "Kill me, and live in fear. Your days are numbered!" Monica left Stein.

"Huntsman?"
"Yes?" He answered the voice in his ear.
"Reanimation is approved!"

...

Is that dripping water? Blood? No. El stopped thinking about the sounds. The cave wasn't natural, or this part wasn't at least. It was too perfect. The room looked like a bunker, but the steel wall was centuries old, and the rock looked damaged but too smooth to be natural.
The door opened. Lupo looked annoyed. El watched him pace the room he was keeping her in. He looked at El and stopped.
"How do you feel?" He asked.
"Tired." she answered plainly. Lupo nodded in empathy. "Why were you evicted?" She asked.
Lupo sniggered, hiding a laugh. El looked serious, but she had a smile.
"You serious?" He asked.
"Sure!"
Lupo shook his head. "I chose it. In a way. Nothing spectacular."
"When?"
"It's been six hunts."
The door burst open. Narissa was in the doorway.
"How dare you take this little bit-"
Lupo punched her, cutting off her sentence. "Don't you dare!" He snarled. "I built this, and I gave you a home."
Narissa remained on her feet, wiping the blood from her lip. "You're weak!" She responded, then turned to leave. "These will kill us!"

...

The Mayor of implant sat in his office reading through the papers people write for him. Some are from the scientists, some from the faction. He was half way though a memo from Stein that was sent with urgency, when a pounding knock hit his door.
Startled, the Mayor called the visitor in.
Olly took a seat at the Mayors desk. He was offered a drink, but declined it.
"My condolences once again." He said. "I can't imagine how hard the last few years have been for you, Olly."
"That's why I'm here, Mr. Mayor." The Mayor looked puzzled. "This faction needs your leadership more than ever. We need to become united with Bloodlust and Luna. Only you can request this meeting."
"The scientists will never agree, Olly. The Huntsman facilitates these meetings. Even if we did unite, it won't stop the hunts. It won't stop the deaths."
"Killing the huntsman will!" Answered a voice from the doorway.
"Miss Manta." The Mayor greeted. "I understand your loss, my child, but-"
"I'm not a child of implant!" Monica retorted. "I'm bloodlust at heart. And my grief over El is not blinding me, Mayor."
"Miss Manta, could we have a word in private?"
Monica agreed and waited for Olly to leave. When the door closed, Olly waited outside, listening to the conversation.
The Mayor offered Monica a seat. She refused.
"This Memo came, shortly after your return." He handed her the paper from the scientists. "I've not finished reading it, but I think your time is limited."