Chapter 6- Lupo

The evicted don't have an official hierarchy. The scientists don't even consider them a faction. They do agree on union however, making them perfect to unite the factions and end the hunts. They also openly despise the factions. Anyone who doesn't, becomes food, so those who don't return from the hunt, and find the evicted, often have adjust quickly. The older evicted created their own, Democratic, hierarchy. The most powerful is the leader. Anyone can challenge them.

"Lupo is mad! He has lost it and condemned us to join his fate!" They started squabbling like babies in nursery sandpit. "SILENCE!" The room fell eerie. The dripping cave walls stopped leaking surface water and blood into the earths tunnels for the duration of the quiet. "Lupo needs replacing. And if you support me, I will fight him before a deal is made."
The room was filled with the 11 most powerful evicted after Lupo. The Implant woman wore a permanent snarl at her 'colleagues'. Some say she is the worst human ever and chose implant to tear apart her wave, and the waves of the other factions. She is the only person on Stein's wanted list.

...

"Narissa!" The cave system boomed with Lupo's voice.
Narissa dared not defy her boss, for now. She hasn't received the support from other evicted yet. Narissa also didn't know if she would get that support.
"Lupo?"
"Narissa. You will lead the attack on the Luna hunters. Tonight, we will support the implant, and become one step closer to our goal!"
"Is this a good idea?" Narissa answered.
"You hate Stein? He fears you. Uniting the factions will draw out the huntsman. Killing him will put Stein in your sights."
Narissa is stubborn. She showed her hate for the plan, but continued with it; for now at least!

...

Narissa's force consisted of two bloodlust and two Luna's. They waited, invisible, for the Luna hunters to enter their hunting grounds. A wave was coming back, carrying the prizes of their hunt. They had some humans, but mostly predatory cats and small rodents. Narissa touched the wave leader as he passed, and took control of his mind. The leader stopped in the factions gateway. He started to attack his wave, the evicted break cover and join in.
After a bloody battle, all of the evicted, and the Luna wave leader, are the only survivors. Narissa remains in control of the Luna, as he is called to the Luna mayors office.

...

With Narissa gone, Lupo takes a team to the implant hunting ground on a recovery mission. He takes a ha d picked team of evicted, most of whom were those in Narissa's meeting. On the journey, he interrogated them.
"What were you doing with Narrisa?" He said bluntly after leaving their underground base.
"She wanted a tactical meeting to formulate a plan for you." One of the bloodlust evicted replied.
"And you wouldn't lie to me, would you?"
He hesitated with his reply. "No, sir!"
Lupo smiled sadly, and started walking behind the bloodlust.
"Does anybody else have a different story to tell?"
Everyone remained silent.
"Perhaps some encouragement?"
Silence.
Lupo walked on the bloodlust' heels. His hands wrapped around the bloodlust's head. Lupo's strength crushed his skull to powder with ease. There was no blood. No hesitation. A swift, clean kill to a traitor.
"Carry the body and decide who is next!" Lupo told his wave, stepping over the deceased. His journey to implant hunting grounds is almost complete.

...

"You have killed our best warriors! Why!?" The Luna Mayors fists clenched, ready for a fight. "We are so close to finishing the hunt. What are you thinking!?"
"Take me to the huntsman!" The Luna wave leader demanded.
"I have no choice!"

The Mayor lead the Luna wave leader to the Obelisk runway. The steel gates opened to allow him through and closed behind him.
The concrete walls loomed over him as he made his way to the Obelisk Luna entrance.
A tall, young and balding man stood over the Luna wave leader. Despite the moon giving the Luna his powers, this scientist loomed over the eight foot giant, and was obviously angered. He spoke with a soft voice, but his tone would bring fear to almost anyone, but not Narissa, who controlled this mans body.
"You have betrayed your people!" The huntsman said.
"Oh give me a break!" The leader responded. "I've come to give you warning. Tell Stein his fear is coming. And you should deal with Monica before she destroys you."
"Narissa?"
The wave leader screamed in agony, before his limp body hit the floor in an awkward shape.

...

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" The gruff voice didn't suit the rough look Lupo as she opened her eyes being welcomed back to the world.
"What happened?" She asked, groggy and slurring.
"You're a strong girl. Unfortunately, we have to keep you hidden until Narissa is dealt with. You must rest, El.