Chapter 24

Aubrey's POV
*************

I was gathered with everyone on the second floor. The Candys have completed training, and Candy Cotton Candy had the honor of being the youngest agent to be recruited. We all discussed on what to do with Ten. Nightshade explained where he was and how to get there.

"So, Ten is located in the afterlife. It's not very hard to get there, which is why I'm concerned about Tabitha getting there before us. But we must depart now," Nightshade said.

We all nod. We decide who should go on the rescue mission. Eventually, we come to a compromise. The people going are Shadow, Kieran, Emma, Nightshade, and I. The five of us depart.

We come to a huge oak tree in the middle of a dense woods. The plant is bigger than the others, looming over us as it was maybe 30 feet tall. The tree seemed older, with carvings of many couples' initials scrawled on it, some with a heart swallowing both. Nightshade put his hand on the living thing.

"O Great God Of Darkness, please give me and my companions access to the place where many dead live. O Great God, Satan, Lucifer, hear my prayer."

The tree's roots open up, and we have to stand back as there is a huge hole underneath it. It seems like a black abyss, and I can faintly hear the cries and moans of those who have deceased. Nightshade beckons us to jump in, assuring us that it'd be fine. Shadow goes first, and my ears catch a small thump, followed by an "ouch!"

"You okay, Shadow?" I call down to him.

"Yeah," His voice rises to the surface.

We all jump in, and what I see around me is truly disturbing. The entire wasteland is made up of red rocks, and many spirits walk the place. They're a light blue sort of color.

"Ten!!" I start searching, and so do the others.

The spirits don't do much, only a few look up. They all look so miserable...

Kieran's POV
************

"Ten!! Baby!" I yell for him.

I'm very far from my friends, deep into the afterlife. I have to find him. I must. I call out more, tears filling my eyes as I start to doubt I'll ever find him.

Suddenly, I hear a voice.

"K...Kieran?"

My irises widen. "Ten!!"

"Kieran!!"

I run, following his voice. There, sitting on the ground, is Tenebris Farkas. My love. He glows a light blue, for he is a spirit. I cry out and jump on him.

"Whoa!!" He falls flat on his back.

He materializes a bit, so I can touch him. I grip to him tightly, sobbing in his chest.

"I've only been dead for half a day, babe. You missed me that much?" He grins.

That smile. I'm happy to see it again. I continue to weep.

"Yes..." I mumble.

He strokes my hair, holding me close as my emotions descend to a more calmer state.

"Ten...Tabitha is the one who's evil!! Nightshade and the other two so called enemies wanted to stop her!!" I look up at him.

"I know. I know," He presses his lips to mine, and I gently kiss him back.

"Let me take you back to the others," I pull back, wiping away my tears and stand.

We venture back to the others. After a brief reunion of hugs and some crying, we decided that it was time to leave. However, Ten objected.

"Not yet! I have a friend that I made down here. I think he should come with us. He has powers. Maybe he could become an agent!" He exclaimed.

"Well, who is it?" Aubrey asked.

"Dahlia!" Ten called out.

A little forlorn ghost boy approaches us. He has blond hair, and amethyst eyes. He looks about six years old. He hides behind Ten, gripping to him.

"Why do kids like you so much?" Aubrey says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Ten grins, and he picks up the small boy. He shakes in fear as he stares at us.

"This is Dahlia," Ten hands him to me.

Dahlia whimpers, reaching for Ten. After realizing that he's not going back to his friend, he stares up at me.

"Hi little guy!!" I smile.

A grin spreads across his lips. "Hi!!"

I stroke his hair. Ten and the little boy start to glow. They are suddenly brought back to life. Nightshade nods, he must've been the one that brought them back. I kiss Ten's cheek, happy that he was alive.

"We need to find Tabitha. She's gonna kill all of us soon enough," Nightshade looks concerned.

"I heard about her! She has a friend that is gonna help her!" Dahlia exclaims.

We turn to him.

"How...how do you know that?" Aubrey asked him.

"Tabitha was looking for Ten! We hid somewhere and then she left," Dahlia replies.

"So she WAS already here," Shadow tapped his chin.

"I guess so," I shrug. "She has a friend? Who?"

"I don't remember what her name was, but Tabitha said she was the little sister of Satan!"

"What?!" Aubrey screams.

"Satan is a real person?" Ten asks himself.

"Is he a bad person? He does own this place, after all," Shadow asked Dahlia.

"No! He's a nice guy, if you're on his good side. He only kills and tortures bad people in hell," the little boy grins.

"We might have to try finding him, then. He might have some context on who this sister is. Maybe even her weaknesses," Aubrey sighs.

"Satan doesn't spend much time here, though. He'd be in hell!" Dahlia pulls on her sleeve.

"So we have to go to hell?!" I shift on my feet, nervous.

Ten puts his arm around my shoulders, assuring me. "Everything will be fine."

"Hopefully," Nightshade sighs. "Let's just hope we don't run into Tabitha again. The entrance to hell is far from here, so we best be moving."

We nod, following Nightshade out of the afterlife. He pulls us up one by one. Dahlia clings to Ten, and the older agent holds him closely. We fly away.

Little did we know, was that there was something waiting for us down in hell. And it wasn't Tabitha. It was something way, way worse.