John x Reader [1]

Start from the beginning

Every time eye contact was made between the two, Y/N's cheeks heated up. All this fuss, this circus in her head caused by one simple man. A simple high school crush.

This man with such a huge personality kept it within himself, bringing it out only to his closest friends.

Some of which were: Alexander Hamilton, Marquis de Lafayette, and Hercules Mulligan. He had befriended others, including the Schuyler sisters. But when at lunch John was seated with the three other men.

Y/N was on such a lower scale compared to John Laurens. She knew that from the moment she met him.

"Addie I swear to god if you make me-" Y/N couldn't finish her sentence when she was pushed towards the lunch table of Alexander Hamilton, Marquis de Lafayette, John Laurens, and Hercules Mulligan.

Y/N knew Addie's intentions were to push her towards the table on the left of where she was. You see, Addie wanted Y/N to ask out her crush for her. A man who was called JD.

Addie had somehow managed to push her towards the wrong table.

Y/N stumbled over the bench being caught by someone sitting.

She looked up to a freckled filled face, and a mess of curly hair. Her face flushed red.

"H- hi."

Y/N had never once met or acknowledged any of the boys sitting at the table, so when the freckled man helped her on her feet and held out his hand for a shake, she was hesitant.

But she shook the hand.

"My name's John Laurens, glad ya didn't fall."

"Same." Y/N giggled, finding when near John a sense of comfortableness. "Thanks by the way."

The man continued to stare at her in a way of expectance.

"Oh! My name's Y/N L/N" She said quietly, embarrassed she made the encounter so awkward.

"Nice to meet you-"

The bell sounding that lunch was over rang throughout the room.

"See ya around?" He asked and Y/N nodded, watching as he ran off with his group of friends.

Addie came up behind her.

"Oh you're so helpless."

So now everyday Y/N spent with a little hope wandering through those high school halls. Hope that John would approach her again. And with that thought, high school was bearable.

________________

Y/N walked through the entrance of her high school, immediately tripping on the first step of stairs.

She landed on the ground with an 'oof', and held her knee in pain.

A hand rested on her shoulder and she looked up quickly. Meeting that familiar freckled face.

"John!" Y/N muttered, immediately standing up. She felt her face flush red just by looking at him.

"Why do I always find you when you're falling?" He laughed.

God his laugh was so attractive.

Y/N shrugged.

"You're a quiet one huh?" He asked.

"Sorry." Y/N said, once again embarrassing herself in front of the man.

"Don't be sorry, it's adorable!"

Y/N's eyes lit up as his words, and the light blush that complimented his freckles on his cheeks.

"Thanks." Y/N said shyly, not knowing what else to say.

"You know what, as much as I love your shyness, I'd like to get to know you." John started, the words surprising her. "Wanna come to the football game with me tonight? I think our school is facing an undefeated team."

"I'd love to." Y/N smiled.

"Great! See ya then." And then he hugged her.

John Laurens actually hugged her.

Maybe high school isn't so bad.

A/N: part two anyone??