Ren

You busy today???

9:56

With just a few slides of a finger, an aching smile spreading across my face and several taps, I reply almost instantly, not wasting any time as excitement spreads across my now wide awake body.

Adelaine

Not that I know of, why? What have you got in mind?

9:58

Ren

You up for some retail therapy? I'm guessing you're in desperate need of it and I just feel the need to shop til' we drop.

9:59

Adelaine

Are you being legitimate about the 'shop until we drop' thing?

10:00

Ren

Totally ;) When am I not serious about shopping?

10:00

Adelaine

Time and place?

10:01

Ren

11:00 sounds good for you?

10:03

Adelaine

Sounds great! Looks like we've got a shopping date planned :D

10:03

Ren

Text the address and I'll pick you up.

10:05

Adelaine

I'm on it.

10:05

I place my phone securely into my back pocket as I press send when I have finished writing out grandfather's home address. Cheerfully, I run down the stairs with a wide smile. Only to my surprise I am greeted with the unfamiliar sight of both my mother and father sat at the dining table fully dressed in casual clothing as their lips moved as they converse with my grandfather who stood next to the stove, with a pan in hand flipping the goodness that welcomed my nose and made me lick my lips in delight.

"Good morning," my dad says, giving me a small wave as he picks up the coffee that sat in the middle of the table and poured the last drops into mum's mug.