grace

it was the second week of their 'relationship.' they have been talking about it for the past week, spending time away from each other and writing and doing different things, and it was time to make an impression.

"i heard from one of her fake friends that she's going to greggs, so we're going to greggs too."
"that's kind of weird-"
"i don't care." drew interrupted him, red rising onto his cheeks as he was filled with an infuriating need of revenge.
"you haven't been acting like yourself." dave muttered, trying to calm him down, looking over at him. "this isn't you."
"just...go with it." he said, sighing, and dave swore that he saw his eyes water a little bit, before he put on his coat and headed to the door.

-

they walked into the bakery, drew looking at the menu, realising grace hadn't arrived yet. "get what you want."
dave nodded, asking for a jumbo sausage roll, and a coffee, and drew took a cheese sandwich. he passed both their items to the lady at the till, and dave looked at him strangely.
"i'll pay for it. don't worry." drew smiled, and dave smiled and nodded, deciding not to cause a scene over a few pounds spent on him. "thanks." he was still slightly intrigued by this, because drew normally never liked to pay for anyone. he looked around, no grace. weird.
they walked up to their table, sitting next to each other. here comes gracie with her girlfriend, acting all cute.
"mate!" drew spazzed and nudged dave, who jumped and whisper shouted ;
"don't fucking nudge me then!"
"alright sorry! look! she's there, okay, okay, we have to act chill. act like a couple, right?" drew said. they looked more like best friends than a couple at the moment, pushing and nudging each other. grace and the girl sat down, looking over at drew and chuckling a little. they started whispering.
"i swear they're talking about me."
"drew, please, calm yourself. let me handle this."
"huh-"
dave giggled, letting himself go for it. this might be the only time he could be even mildly suggestive towards his crush.
he put his finger on drew's lips,
"shhh." dave smirked, and drew blushed red as he did so, then snapped out of it for a second or two.
"are you sure you know what you're doing-" drew mumbled.
"i said quiet, drew." dave smiled, and took his hands and giggled. "god, you're handsome."

there was a small silence as the two looked at each other.
"mm, you think so?" drew chuckled, his eyes seemed to smile as dave giggled.
"i really do. especially when your eyes crinkle like that when you smile. i've always loved that."

drew smiled, actually feeling happy. dave noticed. what is this? this was supposed to be make pretend.
"thank you. i can't get enough of you, ever. i never get tired of your adorable face."
grace looked over to them, her face shocked. dave side eyed drew's ex, with a look of pure sassiness and control. this was fun, seeing the reactions. he held in a giggle again.
"i think it's working." drew said after a small pause, his face red from the attention that dave gave him that he seemed to like more than he probably should. "but please carry on."

dave smiles, playing with drew's hands, a little anxiously. "i really like when we're close. cuddling backstage. best part of any show."

"i feel honoured that you think that's the best part of any show."

"it's the truth, drewie." dave chuckled, and a feint blush rose on his cheeks as drew booped his nose.

grace put her phone away and left the restaurant, hand in hand with her girlfriend. drew felt a buzz in his coat pocket. dave's smile faltered and he rolled his eyes as drew took his phone out.

grace: i know what you're doing. you don't make me jealous. you and your little boyfriend can leave our lives, and we couldn't care less,, x,0

"it worked! she's obviously jealous. why would she text me?" drew laughed, and dave puffed out his cheeks.

"yeah." dave said, and drew noticed the smile fading. hope?