problem.

august of 2017- big month. bigger than ever. awkwardest month for drew.

he had no idea who to go to about this- ed or joe weren't an option, since they were both in happy and stable relationships which drew didn't want to ruin again (since he made ed break up with his girlfriend back in 2010 when pictures of him drunkenly kissing him had leaked on facebook by joe, who was seeking revenge for when drew stole the drumstick signed by his favourite drummer), as it had happened before. he took a deep breath in, knowing a simple question won't ruin their friendship. i mean, it's not that big of a deal, people thought they were dating anyway.

"dave. i need to ask you something, it's kind of awkward to ask though." drew said, sitting cross legged on the office chair as dave sat on his bed in a baggy yellow sweater, writing something on a notepad. he didn't look up from his laptop and notepad, concentrated on his work.
"mm, yeah?" he asks, listening half-heartedly. drew looked at him and furrowed his eyebrows a little, stopping himself in his tracks as he was about to ask. "mm? i'm listening." dave chuckled, his eyes crinkling a little when he did so.
"i need you to do me a favour and you might find it rather peculiar why i'm asking you this but it's kind of important and if possible i'd like your full blown attention...please?" he said quickly, dave looking at him and his mouth opening a little.

"you're scaring me."
"you kinda should be scared, kinda."
"kinda should be scared kinda?"
"yeah, kinda."
"okay, hit me." dave said, putting down his notepad and looking at drew- the whole atmosphere changes and drew becomes more nervous by the second.

"i need you to be my boyfriend for a month."

there was a silence, and drew immediately backed up. "man, uh, you can say no of course. no problem." he chuckled. "this reminds me of when i asked sarah out that one time in year eight. and you were there, and it was really awkward." drew said, trying to lighten the mood, nervously. dave laughed, and widened his eyes a little.
"uh...yeaaah." he chuckled, a soft and pale pink blush rising to his cheeks.

"well, it depends. what do we have to do?"
"couple stuff."
"yeahh, but like, what kind of couple stuff, and why do you need a boyfriend? and i didn't know you were into that...?"
"i'm not." he says quickly. "i just need...one, it's complicated."
"i've got all day."

the clock ticked as drew ruffled his hair, dave's mind going to another place for a split second. sex hair. no, stop. why are you suddenly thinking like this? dave asks himself.
"you know when i said i broke up with my girlfriend? well i found out earlier that she cheated on me with a girl. and, i'm really salty. i don't need to do this obviously, but it'll really help out if you can-like- be my boyfriend for a month. like seriously. i know we're already kinda married but this time it has to be really public." he says.
"that's really true actually. we are technically married to each other; but my heart belongs to joe." dave joked. they both laughed and looked at each other.

"so?"
"yeah. sure. as long as we don't have sex. not ready for that type of commitment." dave joked again, half lying, and half telling truth.
"of course. we just need gracie to see all the snapchats- we need to make her jealous."
"why though?"
"because, dave, she went out with that girl to make me jealous." drew pointed out. "like, it's so obvious."
dave nodded, yawning slightly. "either way, i'll do anything to help you out."

"well, thanks davie boy."
dave blushed slightly. "no problem."

it was an awkward yet heat filled month.