Chapter V: Two Bright Stars

Okay, I cried a lot writing this chapter, so prepare yourself. :)

Warning: May need tissues!

Also, I'm sorry if the picture doesn't show up. It comes up with the app on my phone, but not on my computer...

xDreamEscape101

*-*

Molly always wondered what happened after death. Of course, there were the beliefs in something greater. Something ultimately more powerful than the human life form that would eventually, with enough love and devotion, the human soul would move to something greater. There was also the chance of nothing and that always seemed to scare Molly more than death itself. The belief in which nothing happened to one's soul and is casted into an enteral dreamless sleep, never to be remembered again. No matter how convincing each theory of death was, Molly could never seem to get herself to fully believe in either.

Death was a luxurious mystery, she had devoted her entire adult life trying to figure out. It was only now that Molly realized she hadn't even cracked the surface. Her job as a pathologist wasn't to conquer death's most unique power; she knew that now. Its real purpose was to help and guide the soul to its proper resting place. Her purpose was to be the gatekeeper and to define victims deaths final. It was crazy how a life threading situation and just a little time alone could do to a dying person. She no longer feared death and welcomed him with open arms. The only question left was, who was going to be her gatekeeper? Who is going to demand her death final?

Looking down at her reflection in the wavy, pool of clear ocean water, Molly felt her mind slipping away. She begged for noise, anything to keep her brain from descending into deep darkness and despair, but nothing came but the hard bite of silence. It was funny to her, that just a few hours ago she would have done anything to have time alone. To be free of the people endlessly talking beside her. She used to hate the sound of gossip, but now she wanted it more than anything. Her eyes were now bright red from the salt water and burned every time she blinked. It was a bittersweet pain. The annoying stinging in her eyes was the only thing she felt in her entire body, deeming her still alive. The rest of her body was frozen to the touch and barely moved underneath the water. She was so cold but refused to move. She only had a little strength left and she was saving it for the big finale.

"Molly!"

The voice crept in again, but this time she did not shield her ears. She invited the voice, making her feel a little less lonely in the mass of water surrounding her. She knew he got the satisfaction of watching her slowly lose herself, but she really didn't care at this point. All she cared about was the unspoken words. They flashed in her mind like a broken record. All the thing she wished she had said to her father; to her mother; to her sister and worst of all to her Sherlock. So many hidden feeling she was too afraid to say or express. Hypothetically speaking, she was no worst than Sherlock. She never said anything to him, she never gave him a reason to like her. She just sat quietly in his afterglow and like a foolish girl waited for him to finally see it. But Sherlock was blind when it came to that sort of thing and practically so was she. If what Moriarty preached was true, she had been blind many years before even Sherlock knew. And that's what killed her the most.

Blind love.

"Oh, Molly dear?"

Sighing, Molly brushed away her thoughts for the last time and focused her attention to the speaker. She lowered herself back into the water letting go of the low hanging light above. The light produced little heat but acted well as a pulley system allowing her to raise her upper body out of the water and save her strength for the final swim. She began to doggy-petal in place to keep her head from underneath the water. The water burned against her exposed skin as her closely dried upper body fully emerged into the water. She whimpered a bit, hating the feeling of no floor beneath her feet. She could no longer feel or see the bottom. It was only a dark hole of nothingness.